Best VR practice material for Kent 11+

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sweethome

Best VR practice material for Kent 11+

Post by sweethome »

My daughter will take the Kent 11+ this year. I notice that there are a few books recommended via this link: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... s-for-kent
I know that GL assessment (nfer) is a must because they are produced by the Kent 11+ examiner.
Apart from the GL books, can anyone please tell me which is the best book to practise among the recommended ones? I do not want my daughter to practise on all of them as I don't want her to get fed up with too much practice.
mystery

Re: Best VR practice material for Kent 11+

Post by mystery »

What GL books are you referring to?

I'd just do the GL practice papers - there are 8 different ones aren't there? And if that's not enough then use your knowledge of question types from those papers to go through say the Bond Assessment papers for 10-11 and cross out the types that won't come up as they are not GL types.

Maybe devise your own of the type that she finds difficult? Think there are some designed by 11plus exams themselves as well aren't there where you can just practice the type that needs practice?
If it's vocab that is causing problems, then loads of reading is probably better than loads of VR questions.
fizzypops

Re: Best VR practice material for Kent 11+

Post by fizzypops »

http://www.pates.gloucs.sch.uk/admissio ... -questions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pates has five papers consisting of basically 50 questions of the major types, or maybe split up, like 10 questions for Type 1, 10 for Type 2 etc. As for vocab: some AE Tuition Vocabulary books will be fantastic. They go from Book 1-Book 12. Around 8 pounds each.
FP Fizzypops