Help me dd scored 351 - been given Marlowe Academy

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sarahmathews

Help me dd scored 351 - been given Marlowe Academy

Post by sarahmathews »

HELP ME PLEASE. DD Scored 351 on the Kent test we put down Clarendon, Dane Court on the caf form.DD was expected to get at least 400,DDs School Appealed and we lost,DD thinks it is a joke and funny,we could have afforded Private Education before,Husband was made redundent,some of the kids at the Marlowe Academy look like they not intrested in Education and DDs problem is she,will join in with the popular kids. I just want to cry,please make me feel better.
anotherworriedmum

Re: HElP Me DD SCORED 351 BEEN GIVEN MARLOWE ACADEMY

Post by anotherworriedmum »

Hi Sarah

Poor you, you sound really desperate. What other schools did you put on your form? As she did not pass the Kent test she would not have been allocated to the GS. Did you put other non-GS schools on the CAF too?

I am not sure where you live, are there other schools closer to you? Do you have her name down on other waiting lists?

What are you planning to do now? Have you filled in an appeal form for Clarendon or Dane Court https://shareweb.kent.gov.uk/Documents/ ... 20form.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ? Its quite a long process but if you have the schools backing you might be able to put together an appeal. There is lots of info on this section here on this site http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and an appeals board where you can get some help too.

Good luck - there are lots of people who have been through horrible situations here who can help you.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I'll move this to the appeals section. Have a look at the Q&A ( see top of page) You can still appeal, even though the headteachers review was unsuccesful
zeinab

Post by zeinab »

Welcome Sarah, :)

Sure you can still appeal. You need to pull yourself together first so you can do something about it. There is a wealth of info here to help you on your way.

Best of luck.
sarahmathews

Re: Help me dd scored 351 - been given Marlowe Academy

Post by sarahmathews »

I can full you in,because we were confident in DD getting at least 360 we put down the 2 Grammars,and left a 3rd option blank,knowing if the worst came to pass we could go,Private not that Charles Dickens School is any Good at 42% A*toC including English and Maths ,but it is better than a pathetic 20% of the marlowe Academy.The problem we had at the first Appeal was the Adudjucation Panel,Said because DD Scored 117 VR 117 NVR 117 MATHS 351 there was not 1 score over 120,how DD scored so low on VR i dont know we expected,at least 135 on VR 130 on Maths and 135 on NVR DD can sometimes be BRILLIANT OTHER TIMES AN EMPTY HEAD, SHE MUST HAVE BEEN A EMPTY HEAD ON TEST DAY. what is worrying is that DD,isnt in the bit bothered about going to the Marlowe Academy,and brazenly said "WELL I BE THE BRIGHTEST PUPIL THERE AND THATS COOL"but as i said in my previous post DD, wants to be popular and can be a Class Clown if not stamped on,and she could end up like the other kids there,what i would like to do if Husband can get a Good job soon is get her ready, for the 13+ at Cranbrook,i have told her she will Board there, i will not let her destroy her Education because she has abilty,and lets not see her self destrictive Behaviour.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

oh dear - I wonder if DD is doing some winding up, every time she says she will go to Marlowe you go into meltdown ... she might be loving the reaction. I would be tempted to say "whatever - you'll be fine there" and see how she reacts.

re the possible private school to 13 - just make sure you have a good option if she doesnt get what you want at 13 ... very hard to take them awway from friends at that point .. particularly if you can't afford to stay there.

Does she want to board at 13?
doodles

Post by doodles »

Not sure how the whole process works but is it possible to call Charles Dickens and see if they are fully subscribed or call kcc and see if they can tell you where there are places - maybe there is a place at somewhere you prefer to Marlowe.

Be careful banking on Cranbrook she will have to pass an entry test and may have a bad day again.

Think Herman may be right and your Dd is winding you up a little - deep breath and write down a plan / list of people to call and questions to ask and then work your way through it, this always helps me focus better.

Good luck.
sarahmathews

Post by sarahmathews »

"MIRACLE" I have to inform you, that two pieces of Mail came today,one was a letter from Kent County Council,the other was, a Welcome Pack from "CLARENDON" I WAS AMAZED. So i read the letter from Kent County Council. it said the AJUDICATION COMMITEE HAS DECIDED TO AWARD A SCORE OF 363 TO DD 122 VR 120 NVR 121 MATHS, I AM ESTACTIC AS WELL AS ANGRY. HOW CAN THEY JUST CHANGE DD SCORE LIKE THAT. HOWEVER I AM NOT GOING TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS. I Just want to CELEBRATE THE Good News, I have not told DD yet Because i want to be 100%sure.

THE LAST 4 MONTHS HAVE BEEN DIFFICULT , And i am Glad it Seems there has been a Great outcome in the end.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Sarah

Please could you post further information about the letter you received. Please leave out any personal information, but it would be useful to understand what the "Adjudication Committee" process was.

Did you actually apply for some sort of re-marking of her papers?

Thank you.

Sally-Anne
zeinab

Post by zeinab »

Wow, congrats to you & your DD. :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now