Advise pls.for 2014 exam

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
riyakohli

Advise pls.for 2014 exam

Post by riyakohli »

Hi . Can somebody pls advise me what sort of books and levels do we need to start with ...journey of 11 plus?....my son is in year 4 so he must be sitting for exam next year......currently we are doing bond books (9-10) for maths ,vr and Nvr..we are targeting Kingston,slough and Barnett.
Thanks and regards
Manana

Re: Advise pls.for 2014 exam

Post by Manana »

riyakohli wrote:Hi . Can somebody pls advise me what sort of books and levels do we need to start with ...journey of 11 plus?....my son is in year 4 so he must be sitting for exam next year......currently we are doing bond books (9-10) for maths ,vr and Nvr..we are targeting Kingston,slough and Barnett.
Thanks and regards
My DD is in Y4 and we are currently using Bond 9-10 for Maths and English, plus brushing up on spelling, word types and tables. For VR-we did the 8-9 Bond, but didn't find it terribly useful for our area exams for DS who passed this year, so aren't using Bond for VR anymore. We don't have NVR either so thankfully don't need to worry about that!
riyakohli

Re: Advise pls.for 2014 exam

Post by riyakohli »

Thanx for the reply Mañana.......then what kind of VR books did you use for ur DS?.....my ds fine with maths and Nvr....it's only English comp. and vr that's he gets stuck with.......I m not panicking but would like him to have a sound foundation before the actual process.......howz the book key spelling by schofield & sims for spelling?.......