waiting lists for 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MrsBrownsBoyz

waiting lists for 2013

Post by MrsBrownsBoyz »

Does anybody know, when the round of allocations on the 17th april come around, if we are notified by letter, email or phone. would we be told either way, or would we just be told that we have got a place?.
twellsmum

Re: waiting lists for 2013

Post by twellsmum »

Sorry! I don't know the answer to your question. What school are you on the waiting list for? I think they vary from school to school how they tell people but mostly it is a phone call as they can then work their way through the list much more quickly than sending out a letter, waiting three or four days for a reply etc.

We will appealing for a place at TW Boys' Grammar for my son who narrowly failed 11+. Does anyone know anyone who is on the waiting list for there? ISTR reading on teh website of the man who must not be named that there were only three children in teh whole of hte West Kent area who passed but were not allocated a school on 1 March. I will ring the school after 17 April but just wanted to see if anyone knew the position definitively.
MrsBrownsBoyz

Post by MrsBrownsBoyz »

Hi twellsmum, we`re on queen elizabeth`s, Barton Court and Simon langtons waiting lists, so never got any of our grammar choices, through distance. I`m appealing to all 3, so a bit of a nightmare really. So you can imagine i`m thinking, and dreaming (well having nightmares) about these most of the time.

Is anybody else on these waiting lists or appealing to these schools?
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

A couple of years ago, we got a letter regarding our waiting list. It was a lovely surprise.
MrsBrownsBoyz

Post by MrsBrownsBoyz »

So happy, you got the news you wanted, I can imagine, you were jumping up and down with tears of joy :D .

I`ve got a feeling that if we are successful with the waiting lists, that this won`t happen until the appeals start and people have won their cases. I could be wrong, but how many children in the my area, really didn`t take up their allocated places?
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

Usually there is more movement with waiting lists before appeals start. Once appeals get going the appeals that are upheld will push numbers up to or over Pan . Once the school is up to (or over) it's permitted number of pupils the school will have to wait for the number to drop below Pan again before they can offer any places off their waiting list.

Do you know the dates for appeal hearings for the schools that you want? Hopefully there will be a bit of time for re-shuffling with the waiting list before the hearings start :)
anotherworriedmum

Post by anotherworriedmum »

MrsBrownsBoyz wrote:Does anybody know, when the round of allocations on the 17th april come around, if we are notified by letter, email or phone. would we be told either way, or would we just be told that we have got a place?.
There is another thread about WL here http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 5&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it suggests that the letter get posted on the 17th, so looks like more waiting :-(
MrsBrownsBoyz

Post by MrsBrownsBoyz »

tigger2 wrote:Usually there is more movement with waiting lists before appeals start. Once appeals get going the appeals that are upheld will push numbers up to or over Pan . Once the school is up to (or over) it's permitted number of pupils the school will have to wait for the number to drop below Pan again before they can offer any places off their waiting list.

Do you know the dates for appeal hearings for the schools that you want? Hopefully there will be a bit of time for re-shuffling with the waiting list before the hearings start :)
Hi tigger2, thanks for the info. I thought because the schools i`m appealing to are already oversubscribed, then they have already reached their PAN.

I thought there would be more movement with the appeals. With children giving up their allocated place for one that they`ve won on appeal.

hope that makes sense?

No I haven`t had any dates yet for the appeals.
MrsBrownsBoyz

Post by MrsBrownsBoyz »

anotherworriedmum wrote:
MrsBrownsBoyz wrote:Does anybody know, when the round of allocations on the 17th april come around, if we are notified by letter, email or phone. would we be told either way, or would we just be told that we have got a place?.
There is another thread about WL here http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 5&start=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it suggests that the letter get posted on the 17th, so looks like more waiting :-(
Thanks anotherworriedmum for the link. More waiting around :roll: , so will have to wait until the 18th now. I`ll let you know how I get on.
GPmum

Post by GPmum »

I emailed KCC last week and was told that they would not be informing parents by telephone or email on Wednesday at all. The letter would be posted on Wednesday, so we would have to wait until Thursday to find out!
She told me not to bother phoning as they would not tell me anything :roll: :roll:

So a few more days to go then..............