Appealing for an oversubscribed school on non qualification

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Madwife1972

Appealing for an oversubscribed school on non qualification

Post by Madwife1972 »

My dd missed the 11+ pass mark by 1(359 aggregate school) and so we are appealing for two local grammar schools in SE kent. We are lucky that neither are super selectives so no minimum mark is required over 360 to qualify. However one school ( Dane court) is heavily over subscribed as it was almost entirely rebuilt under the government scheme, so looks amazing!
Her evidence is good, currently at 5c, predicted 5b's, reading age of 15 and July born and strong headmaster support letter.

I just feel that we are wasting our time applying to Dane Court as it is so over subscribed and will have many appeals from kids that have been selected to grammar school Chatham/ Clarendon.

We have tried to soften the blow to our DD, as this is her first choice, but she would be happy to go to Chatham House as she just wants to attend a Grammar school, but wondered if two appeals one from some one who has passed is considered more strongly than someone who is just 1 mark under??
Any advice needed.

Madwife1972
Etienne

Re: Appealing for an oversubscribed school on non qualificat

Post by Etienne »

Welcome!
I just feel that we are wasting our time applying to Dane Court as it is so over subscribed
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
..... wondered if two appeals one from some one who has passed is considered more strongly than someone who is just 1 mark under??
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... school#c31" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now