Cut-off scores.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sia11plus

Cut-off scores.

Post by sia11plus »

Hello everyone,

Just wondering, how to find out about the cut-off scores for some schools in bexley, bromley and sutton area? How does this whole thing works? bit confused to be honest. Seen many msgs floating around discussing about scores but not too sure.

Or is there any link on the forum to understand marking system?

My DD will be giving tests this sept. Thanks in advance :)
christmasbonus

Re: Cut-off scores.

Post by christmasbonus »

Hi there,
I can't help with Bromley or Sutton I'm afraid, as have no experience there, but the Bexley test is for the 4 grammars in the borough, and there is no cut-off as such, but there is a pass mark, which in previous years I think has been 218 or 219. On top of this, Bexley has a "Top 180", whereby the roughly 180 candidates with the best scores are guaranteed a place at the Bexley grammar of their choice. There is obviously a cut-off for this.
However, since the Bexley test is changing this year, I have no idea what the maximum scores, pass marks or Top 180 cut-off will be. Maybe somebody out there has some info on this.
Bromleymum1

Post by Bromleymum1 »

Hi,

In Bromley there are just two grammar schools - St Olaves (boys) and Newstead (girls). They each have their own tests, which you need to apply for. St Olaves' test comprises of an English and Maths test. For Newstead, the test is Non-Verbal reasoning and Verbal reasoning. Each school ranks the children who have taken the test from highest score to lowest, they then offer places on that basis until all their places are filled. St Olaves has 112 places and Newstead, 160 places. St Olaves has no catchment area whatsoever, whilst Newstead's catchment I think is a nine mile radius.

I think that basically covers it, but for more information you can look at their websites. Admissions criteria can change from year to year, so it's always best to check. You can also find out information from the Bromley Council website under secondary school admissions.

Hope this helps.
sia11plus

Post by sia11plus »

Thank you so much christmasbonus and Bromleymum1 for your replies, really helps :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now