Revised/Late applications

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
roll17

Revised/Late applications

Post by roll17 »

Hi
Am I missing something on this as we are still waiting to hear the result of our revised application.

I was led to believe that before any places were handed out they had to look at revised and late applications yet we are still waiting whilst this is happening?? How can this be right.

Can someone please explain the process.

I've tried contacting the council and the school and just not getting very far it is very frustrating.

If they are handing places out before looking when the time comes for them to look at revised/late applicaions they'll be no spaces left.

Thanks
r o l l 1 7
Stocky

Re: Revised/Late applications

Post by Stocky »

I submitted a revised application last year which was dealt with the week before our QEHS appeal.
Alex

Re: Revised/Late applications

Post by Alex »

For those of you who noticed that I posted a reply which has now disappeared, this is because I was prompted by roll17's questions to me to go and check my facts again - so thank you roll17 :)

This is how the process works in Lincolnshire, but it is worth noting that although there is a national set date for initial allocations of 1 March, what happens after then varies considerably from authority to authority:

Initial allocations for on-time applications are notified on 1 March.

Late applications have an allocation date some weeks later - this year it was 25 March.

In the intervening period no allocations take place. So no-one on the reserve list from 1 March can be offered a place, even if some people have rejected places, until the second set of allocations take place with all the late applications added in to their "correct" position on the reserve list.

The third allocation is for revised applications or other applications which arrived too late to be considered alongside the late applicants. This was today, 29 April in Lincolnshire. Again no places will have been offered in between the late allocation date and the revised allocation date.

Once this final block allocation process is done and dusted the system switches onto rolling allocation where places are offered as and when they become available to the next person on the reserve list.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now