12 plus for 2014 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
neveragain!

12 plus for 2014 entry

Post by neveragain! »

Apologies if the answer to my question is on the forum somewhere already, but can anyone tell me what the arrangements are for current Year 6 children who may want to sit the Bucks 12 plus exam next year with a view to entry into Year 8 in 2014? I know that with the old VR test there were 5 extra questions and (I think) a little less time given to answer them, but other than that the content/level/format/ of the test was the same as for the 11 plus, except for there being one extra question type included. Does anyone know what the 12 plus exam will consist of going forward in terms of level and content? Will CEM set these tests too? I would be grateful for anyone's comments on this.
Sally-Anne

Re: 12 plus for 2014 entry

Post by Sally-Anne »

This should answer most of your questions: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... -procedure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please make sure that you check the Admissions Policy for the school/schools that you are interested in applying to.
neveragain!

Post by neveragain! »

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction Sally-Anne. The school in question is the Royal Latin in Buckingham and their admissions policy states that to qualify students taking the 12 plus will need to achieve the "required standard in tests currently used by Buckinghamshire County Council for Late Transfer Selection". So, just to clarify, does this mean that current year 6 children doing the 12 plus early next year will sit the same style of 12 plus test as in previous years ie the 85 VR questions set by GL Assessment, even though the 11 plus test is changing beyond recognition from this September? Do you know if this is going to be the case only for next year's 12 plus exam, as this is the test that these children initially sat for the 11 plus, or will it carry on into subsequent years? Sorry if I sound like a dog with a bone but I am asking as a potential tutor and so it is important that I get my facts right. I realise that schools may be doing different things with their 12 plus testing but if you do know the situation regarding the 12 plus at the RLS I would be very grateful for your insight as I know you are very knowledgeable in many aspects of the Bucks grammar school system. Many thanks in advance.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

The Admissions Policy for 2014 entrance is cast in stone and cannot be changed now, so the children will take the "old" style test of 85 VR questions in 45 minutes.

No one (including quite possibly RLS themselves at this point in time) can tell you what will happen in subsequent years. You will need to watch out for their draft Admissions Policy for 2015 entrance, and that will only be published at the start of January 2014.
neveragain!

Post by neveragain! »

Thank you very much for clarifying the situation Sally-Anne, much appreciated. And I thought I was done with the 21 question types!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Be aware that the school will be full and it might be wise to apply elsewhere as well.

If your child qualifies then you will have to appeal for a place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now