Looking for good example of sales pitch

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ourmaminhavana

Looking for good example of sales pitch

Post by ourmaminhavana »

I'm trying to find a video clip of a great sales pitch for a Year 8 class and would be grateful if anyone can suggest one. I've used the Dragon's Den material from the TES, but would like to follow this up with something which demonstrates good persuasive techniques yet ideally is based on selling a product rather than arguing an idea. It's a very low ability group. Thanks. OMIH.
pheasantchick

Re: Looking for good example of sales pitch

Post by pheasantchick »

The Apprentice?
Jiff

Post by Jiff »

I always think that the advert for The Guardian from a few years ago, ("skinhead", it's available on You-Tube) is brilliant, although more for its idea that you need to look at different views than for selling The Guardian. I used it with a year 6 who had a range of problems, (including EBD, ADHD) who thought it was really good.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thanks Jiff, it's good for what it is, but it's not quite what I'm looking for which is more a good sales pitch for a product....
Thanks pheasant chick.I've never watched The Apprentice, will take a quick look.
Anyone else??
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Not all of the The Apprentice programmes have sales pitches. You need to look at the episodes where the teams design a product and then pitch it to an audience of leading people in that field.

Some series also have episodes where the teams pitch to certain people to win their products to sell.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Irrelevant, but does anyone know when the Apprentice is on? I thought it was "coming soon", ages ago ... and dh and I enjoy it.

There have been some brilliant examples of sales pitch but you're right, pheasantchick - you need to find the relevant episodes.
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

Thanks for explaining PC, not sure I've time as only looking for a two minute clip and probably handing in my notice tomorrow!!!! :D
Zeezeemum

Post by Zeezeemum »

ginx wrote:Irrelevant, but does anyone know when the Apprentice is on? I thought it was "coming soon", ages ago ... and dh and I enjoy it.
It starts tonight (Tuesday)at 9pm and then there is another episode tomorrow at the same time
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

How about one of the shopping channels? They're generally short and sharp on a given product and fairly unsubtle about the selling points they're trying to get across.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Thanks, zeezeemum. Dh and I will be glued. We've been watching it for years! The candidates seem to get younger and younger (do I mean we're getting older and older?)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now