Preparation Test on 10th September

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Desperate_Parents

Preparation Test on 10th September

Post by Desperate_Parents »

My daughter is due to sit her 11+ exams for the Bucks area on 12th September. There are preparation tests on 10th September, but as we are out of the Bucks area, how will my daughter be able to take the preparation test? Will this be done at the school she is currently attending?

Any help/advice greatly appreciated

Desperate_Dad
Guest55

Re: Preparation Test on 10th September

Post by Guest55 »

Is she in a partner school?
Desperate_Parents

Guest55 wrote:Is she in a partner school?
No she is not in a partner school. We are not in the Buckingham area but from outside. We already have one daughter going to a Bucks grammar school if that helps?
patricia

Post by patricia »

The real test will be sat in the Bucks Grammar schools.

Decisions have not been made regarding the preparation tests.

Suggest you ring Bucks CC directly and ask the question.

47. When will candidates from outside Buckinghamshire take the tests?
Candidates from outside Buckinghamshire will take the tests on 12 September, i.e. on the same day as candidates from Buckinghamshire schools. Arrangements for out-of-county candidates to take the preparation tests will be announced in due course.
48. Where will out-of-county candidates take the tests?
Out-of-county candidates will take the tests in the Buckinghamshire grammar schools. Locations for these candidates to take the preparation tests will be announced in due course.

Patricia
Desperate_Parents

Thank you Patricia. Very kind of you.

Best Wishes
Desperate_Dad
Tkc3

Post by Tkc3 »

Hi, I asked this question of BCC when applying for my DS & was told they will sit the test as in previous years at a central location. I then spoke to the school to confirm this as we were under the impression the practice test & actual test would be taken at the school we wish to apply for!
I was told by the school that all out of catchment kids would take the tests at the school which you wish your child is applying for, however when I asked how they would know which school that was, as this was not specified on the application, they said it would 'probably' be done on distance! (& why was I concerned????).
The school concerned was not that complimentary of the communications with BCC but were adamant that this was the case!
Hope this helps?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The school concerned was not that complimentary of the communications with BCC
The decisions are down to the GS not BCC so any delay comes from them!
Tkc3

Post by Tkc3 »

Yes I agree with you, however it would be helpful if they had a consensus of information! rather than Tom asking Dick who thinks 'x' is the case, however when questioned re:logistics & numbers agrees that x is probably not viable etc etc.....or is that more like the maths questions???
:lol:
VR1234

Post by VR1234 »

The OCC tests in 2012 Oct half term were all held in Aylesbury (not sure where) or Misbourne School in Great Missenden, with 3 sets of tests running on the same day.
patricia

Post by patricia »

VR1234 wrote:The OCC tests in 2012 Oct half term were all held in Aylesbury (not sure where) or Misbourne School in Great Missenden, with 3 sets of tests running on the same day.
This will not happen this year as the grammar schools want out of county children taking the test on the same day as in county children.

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now