How do you revise efficiently for 11plus test?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
john007

How do you revise efficiently for 11plus test?

Post by john007 »

Hi, my son got an 11plus exam in about two months, and i don't think he has been revising well enough to pass. So please can you tell me what he needs to do, how many hours per day he should revise and how he should revise efficiently. The test is in September. Thanks.
Reading Mum

Re: How do you revise efficiently for 11plus test?

Post by Reading Mum »

you will need to state your area or target schools as the tests, and therefore the advice, varies greatly from place to place
mystery

Post by mystery »

Where have all the months gone between now and September? Welcome to 11plus exams. You've got more time than you think!
copella

Post by copella »

I wouldn't say my ds ever revised, it was more a case of continual learning ie learning what nvr and vr
Were, how to write a story, how to complete an exam paper and and read a question correctly and then loads of practice so that he was faster. Revision seems more like what my eldest is doing now for gcse's. I think practice papers are the key as you can then work out what are areas lf difficulty and how to help him. They need lots of support and unlike older children you need to be there with them, as it is impossible for them to know what to do and how much if not directed. Best of luck and I think there are more than 2 months between May and September, so you have time.