Amersham School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

strictlyfriends

Amersham School

Post by strictlyfriends »

Hi, does anyone have any knowledge/experience of the Amersham School? Any information would be appreciated, either good or bad. Thanks
Mostlymum

Re: Amersham School

Post by Mostlymum »

It's increasingly becoming a choice for people in the Chalfonts who don't like the size of the Community College, or feel their children need somewhere more 'gentle'.
I know a number of families who are very happy with how their children have fared there. The picking GCSEs in Yr8 is felt too early by some but on the whole I don't know of anyone unhappy. Also friends whose children have gone through A-levels felt courses were v much tailored to their needs.
Facilities/accommodation not great compared to other local schools, especially the grammars, but the impression I get is that the care the students receive outweighs much of that. Head is particularly good.
Definitely worth a look.
Rob Clark

Re: Amersham School

Post by Rob Clark »

What would you like to know specifically? Academics? Extra-curricular? Sport…

I have a DC there (Y10) and, by way of contrast, a DC at a local GS. Happy to provide personal views but need a bit more information first about whether you want to know about specific subjects, what they study, exam structure, the staff, the buildings etc.

By the way when you get a Private Message (PM) it should show an alert in the top left of this page where it says 'new messages', simply click on that to read :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now