2nd run Boys Grammar.. why so slow??

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

handbag50

2nd run Boys Grammar.. why so slow??

Post by handbag50 »

Not much movement from the Boys Grammar in the 2nd round, we have moved from 10th to 7th on the inner academic list and have had no movement on the inner music list, :( still at position 2.... odd that all other schools are reporting high amounts of movement ?? :? any thoughts?
3b1g

Re: 2nd run Boys Grammar.. why so slow??

Post by 3b1g »

In each school, we are only talking about a few children turning down their place, perhaps a dozen at most. In samples that small, there's often a wide variation in numbers without any underlying reason as such. It just may be that fewer of the boys with academic / music places are giving up those places. I wish you all the best with the wait for your son's place; the lists can still move throughout the summer.
Hera

Post by Hera »

Fingers crossed handbag50. Hopefully there are some unscrupulous parents holding onto a Grammar place as security when they really intend to take a private one. There is still lots of time for things to change.
handbag50

Post by handbag50 »

Many thanks for the replies.
Ill keep you posted
decaff

Post by decaff »

I know schools are forbidden from holding back places in case of successful appeals but with appeals looming very soon at WGSB could this have a bearing on slow movement?
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

I had a thought re the boys school, as the academic places that come up are usually because children have opted to go privately so releasing their place, I reckon this is less of on issue for the boys school as boys typically move at 13 not 11 in the private sector so no release of places, but i wonder if there is movement in year 9?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now