Sats week!

Key Stages 1-2 and SATs advice

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ginx

Sats week!

Post by ginx »

Wishing good luck to all dc doing ks2 Sats this week. I know they're not very important, but I hope our dc just get through the week!

My dd was nervous this morning. I told her "they're just for the school" but she didn't believe me. She refused to eat much (not good for a diabetic) saying she felt sick. She wasn't at all nervous for the 11+. Doing so many practice papers has made her more nervous rather than less.

Roll on Thursday afternoon.
pheasantchick

Re: Sats week!

Post by pheasantchick »

Our school seems to have placed a greater emphasis on them this year (due to poorer Ofsted?). With ds1, I was vaguely aware of them. Ds 2 has bought papers home to practice.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

DD demanded to go in with a sore throat and a headache :( she has all the level six papers to do as well. It was her choice. :) I sent in a note and asked a couple of friends to keep an eye on her.

DS1 has two A level papers today, his bottleneck day, then six over three weeks.

If we get through today then it should be plain sailing, apart from the appeal on Friday that I don't want to talk about. :twisted: :lol:

Good luck everyone for the exam season!
nickiveg

Post by nickiveg »

I've got dd1doing gcses today and dd2 doing sats so trying to keep the stress levels down :shock: going to be a long week sigh
2outof3

Post by 2outof3 »

Same here - AS levels this week for DD1 and DS doing SATS and very fed up about having level 6 papers in the afternoon when most of his mates will be out and free (as he puts it.)

I agree it's going to be a long old week.......... :lol:
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Good luck to all your DC sitting SATs this week.

My DS did his SATs 2 years ago and they just came and went. With my DD this year, she seems to have been given lots more to do on the run up to the SATs and I guess it's because of the new 'Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Test' as well as doing Level 6!

Roll on Thursday! :D

P.S. Good luck to all your DC getting ready for their GCSE's and A'Levels too!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

DD has the level 5 & 6 papers today. DS1 has a Maths exam this morning but is also recovering from his black belt grading over the weekend... His results are due at 12pm so im sure he must be distracted..
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I'm not sure what's going on at DD's school but to everyone's (well, nearly) pleasant surprise they've had PE at least 4 out 5 days for the past two weeks. And they've been told that they're going to have PE every day this week.

Eta: I wonder if that last bit is wishful thinking on DD's part.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Bless all the DC for this week. :D
Whilst most kids / parents are not concerned with results and what it means for streaming in Y7, GCSE targets anyway... I have to add that I can't even remember exactly what mine got in their SATS... A mix of 2s and 3s in Y2, and 4s and 5s in Y6 - I think. Which child got what in which subject? I have no idea at all! No sub levels. We were never told those, and no-one ever asked!

I'm pretty sure no employer is going to be asking my kids what they got in their Sats! So from a parent and student perspective... don't worry yourselves this week. :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I agree with you Belinda, but the schools do seem to put more emphasis on them these days. With DD & DS1 I barely knew they were doing them, with DS2 we had a letter home about revision/practice (it went in the bin :lol: ).

Good luck to all. ASs for us :shock:
scary mum