Practice paper results 2014 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Morgan0210

Practice paper results 2014 entry

Post by Morgan0210 »

Hi,
Out of Interest if you or your child's tutor gives your child practice papers what scores are your children getting at this stage?
Thanks
cetaylormade

Re: Practice paper results 2014 entry

Post by cetaylormade »

Hi morgan

My daughter hasn't done many - one (2010) under mock conditions which she did abysmally at :( - vr 72% but english 48% and maths (usually her 2nd best) 36%!!!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise I have always timed her and she generally gets 70-85% so we shall see how exam pressure gets her for the real thing :?
djy76

Post by djy76 »

My tutor has done one full mock test with all 3 papers, an eye opener certainly... :shock:

And DS does one paper a week this week was English :roll: scores - well we are working towards getting 50%!!!
Morgan0210

Post by Morgan0210 »

cetaylormade wrote:Hi morgan

My daughter hasn't done many - one (2010) under mock conditions which she did abysmally at :( - vr 72% but english 48% and maths (usually her 2nd best) 36%!!!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise I have always timed her and she generally gets 70-85% so we shall see how exam pressure gets her for the real thing :?
Wow there great scores!!!
Morgan0210

Post by Morgan0210 »

djy76 wrote:My tutor has done one full mock test with all 3 papers, an eye opener certainly... :shock:

And DS does one paper a week this week was English :roll: scores - well we are working towards getting 50%!!!
My daughter done a couple and just scrapped the 55% mark all together! Just hoping she will improve over the next few months x
talea51

Post by talea51 »

My daughter hasn't done any mock tests yet and has only just started doing timed tests. She's only done one so far. She got 78% for that one so there's a lot of room for improvement. From now on we are going to do everything timed.

I'd be interested to hear how everyone else's children are getting on as I am really panicking that her scores are not good enough!
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

My dd's tutor gives her timed papers but they are written by him, not actual past papers. I have given her 2007 papers a good while ago - she didn't do brilliantly but..... I really need to give her some actual past papers again to see how she is doing now. She is getting percentages in the 80s for the ones her tutor sets her for maths and VR but as I said these are written by her tutor, not actual papers.

Starting to panic a bit now, only 4 months away but that doesn't feel that long now, especially as we are nearly in the second part of the summer term :shock:
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Araucana girl wrote:My dd's tutor gives her timed papers but they are written by him, not actual past papers. I have given her 2007 papers a good while ago - she didn't do brilliantly but..... I really need to give her some actual past papers again to see how she is doing now. She is getting percentages in the 80s for the ones her tutor sets her for maths and VR but as I said these are written by her tutor, not actual papers.

Starting to panic a bit now, only 4 months away but that doesn't feel that long now, especially as we are nearly in the second part of the summer term :shock:
Oh and I have put her in for a couple of mock exams at Galleywood in July and August so hopefully that will give me a better idea :wink:
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
talea51

Post by talea51 »

Araucana girl, please could you pm with details of the mock exams in Galleywood? I am also looking to do mock exams with my dd.
Araucana girl wrote:Starting to panic a bit now, only 4 months away but that doesn't feel that long now, especially as we are nearly in the second part of the summer term :shock:
I know how you feel! I think I am going to be a nervous wreck come September as I am not handling the pressure well now! It's all very silly really because my dd's fallback position is an outstanding comprehensive school a short walk from our house so worst case scenario, she'll go there. There really is no need to panic but for some reason I still am! :shock:
cetaylormade

Post by cetaylormade »

Hi Araucana girl could you also pm me details of the mock exams in Galleywood if poss?

I feel like I'm falling apart already the thought that we have only 4 months is awful!! My dd's vocabulary seems to be getting worse rather than better :?

I am the same talea51 my husband actually teaches at our local comprehensive and I'm happy for her to go there yet still feel a lot of stress - I think it's me feeling the pressure of what others think which is daft I know!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now