They're here!

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
moved

They're here!

Post by moved »

Well both DC left home looking stressed this morning. Both have an exam today. The feckless one had stomach ache and the studious one felt sick! Glad the studious one is only taking one this year; I couldn't cope with many more mornings like this one!
hermanmunster

Re: They're here!

Post by hermanmunster »

oh yes, it is most certainly GCSE time :shock:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Good luck to all. AS levels in our house. Where did that year go?
scary mum
Amber

Post by Amber »

scary mum wrote:Good luck to all. AS levels in our house. Where did that year go?
Ditto. And this somehow feels much more 'high stakes' to me. Fewer exams, but they feel very loaded. Poor kids, they didn't really get a break, did they?

Good luck to all parents and siblings living through this difficult time. I wonder if sales of alcohol and prescriptions of mind-numbing drugs go up at this time of the year.
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

My DH has just informed me he is off to the USA with work the first week of June. This happens to coincide with - final A2 exams, DD 18th birthday and end year exams at GS. :|
Good luck to all DC, and yes Amber I agree, it's blooming non stop and AS exams are so important.......
moved

Post by moved »

Funny, I was thinking about the large glass of wine that will help this evening. Then I felt more sorry for the children, who don't imbibe! DD wants to make a rhubarb crumble with fresh picked rhubarb from the allotment! DS is jolly pleased with that decision. Roll on 4pm when they're home and done for another day.

We only have one AS this year and it's being treated in the same way as the GCSEs.
Amber

Post by Amber »

neveragain* wrote:My DH has just informed me he is off to the USA with work the first week of June. This happens to coincide with - final A2 exams, DD 18th birthday and end year exams at GS.
Well the man has some sense; I wish I could escape it. A close friend of mine had one taking A2s and twins taking GCSEs at the same time, 3 different schools, so the coordination was worthy of a military operation too. Her advice to me was to dig a large hole in the garden and remain in it between the first exam and two hours into results day.

Oh yes, results day...if you think it's bad now... :?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Just back with the shopping; £40 on drugs (okay, nothing hard, just vitamins, minerals, benadryl, nose sprays etc), £30 in the chocolate aisle, and at least £30 in the alcohol aisle. :shock:
I'll need to go out again next week and restock.

Good luck everyone.
Finals, 2nd yr uni exams, A2 levels and GCSE's. :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Really Belinda that is at least £100 in drugs :lol: :lol: TBH chocolate is a highly therapeutic substance in our house - have to stock up pre exam :wink:
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Herman, all medicinal...
I think the kids will leave me the sudafed nose spray!