Goodbye!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
parthiban

Goodbye!

Post by parthiban »

I came to this forum looking for direction and help ( and I did get some wonderful advice from genuine people and I'm so grateful for that)and foolishly thought everybody who air their views on this forum had respect for other people's feelings and beliefs but unfortunately some of the posts on certain threads are shocking and I'm truly bewildered as to how low some people can get , just so they can get their views across. The egocentric, arrogant views of certain people has put me off of this forum forever. Certainly people can voice their opinion in a more civil manner and keep their dignity without stooping so low. So to save myself from a lot of agony I have decided to bid farewell forever. Would like to say a special thank you to country mum and pumpkin pie for their valuable advice. If you are one of those people who just writes whatever comes to your mind first I just want to tell you something I always say to the children which is ' Don't say anything if you haven't got something nice to say about someone'. It is ok to analyse things rationally and speak what your opinion is about an issue without being sarcastic , egoistic and arrogant about it. What a shame! I'm truly saddened by some people's belittle thoughts. :( :roll: :cry:
Altymumof2

Re: Goodbye!

Post by Altymumof2 »

parthiban wrote:I came to this forum looking for direction and help ( and I did get some wonderful advice from genuine people and I'm so grateful for that)and foolishly thought everybody who air their views on this forum had respect for other people's feelings and beliefs but unfortunately some of the posts on certain threads are shocking and I'm truly bewildered as to how low some people can get , just so they can get their views across. The egocentric, arrogant views of certain people has put me off of this forum forever. Certainly people can voice their opinion in a more civil manner and keep their dignity without stooping so low. So to save myself from a lot of agony I have decided to bid farewell forever. Would like to say a special thank you to country mum and pumpkin pie for their valuable advice. If you are one of those people who just writes whatever comes to your mind first I just want to tell you something I always say to the children which is ' Don't say anything if you haven't got something nice to say about someone'. It is ok to analyse things rationally and speak what your opinion is about an issue without being sarcastic , egoistic and arrogant about it. What a shame! I'm truly saddened by some people's belittle thoughts. :( :roll: :cry:
Parthiban- I am really sorry that you decided to go. You have offered some super advice and been very supportive. I totally agree with everything you have said and feel genuinely disgusted with what has been written about the Catholic schools this afternoon. I agree that the individual is sarcastic, egotistic and arrogant but they should be the one that goes not you?
I do hope you will reconsider? :(
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi parthiban

I must apologise to you for not having kept up with that discussion. Half-term has probably distracted many of the Mods.

I would also ask you to reconsider your decision to leave, and we will revisit the thread as soon as possible to remove the offensive posts.

Not our usual level of service, and we will get it sorted out. I agree with Altymumof2 - you are the better party here and you should stick around.

I am sending you a PM.

Sally-Anne

Edited to add: The offending thread has been removed temporarily while we sort it out.
Altymumof2

Post by Altymumof2 »

Sally-Anne wrote:Hi parthiban

I must apologise to you for not having kept up with that discussion. Half-term has probably distracted many of the Mods.

I would also ask you to reconsider your decision to leave, and we will revisit the thread as soon as possible to remove the offensive posts.

Not our usual level of service, and we will get it sorted out. I agree with Altymumof2 - you are the better party here and you should stick around.

I am sending you a PM.

Sally-Anne

Edited to add: The offending thread has been removed temporarily while we sort it out.
That's brilliant- Thanks! :D
jugglermum

Post by jugglermum »

Parthiban,

I have missed the thread today so do not know what was said but I can guess. I had personal experience from this type of prejudice on this forum last year. I was also shocked at how people spoke about the Catholic religion in a derogatory way. It really hurt me and like you I removed myself from this forum for a long time. It is shocking how some people hide behind an online forum and say things that I am sure they would not say to anyone's face. It makes me sad that people hold these views and prejudices. I wonder if these people would openly be offensive about Muslems or any ethnic minority but on the Trafford forum it seems ok to trash the Catholics!

Rise above it and do not let these bigots drive you away. You have valuable views and advice to offer and are entitled to receive the same from others without being offended.

I hope the moderators can strike these users off. Any racist/xenophobic and antireligious views should be a no-no. I agree that different views should be allowed and encouraged but without the belittling of anyone else.

Stock Around - good luck

JM
x
jugglermum

Post by jugglermum »

jugglermum wrote:Parthiban,

I have missed the thread today so do not know what was said but I can guess. I had personal experience from this type of prejudice on this forum last year. I was also shocked at how people spoke about the Catholic religion in a derogatory way. It really hurt me and like you I removed myself from this forum for a long time. It is shocking how some people hide behind an online forum and say things that I am sure they would not say to anyone's face. It makes me sad that people hold these views and prejudices. I wonder if these people would openly be offensive about Muslems or any ethnic minority but on the Trafford forum it seems ok to trash the Catholics!

Rise above it and do not let these bigots drive you away. You have valuable views and advice to offer and are entitled to receive the same from others without being offended.

I hope the moderators can strike these users off. Any racist/xenophobic and antireligious views should be a no-no. I agree that different views should be allowed and encouraged but without the belittling of anyone else.

Stick Around - good luck

JM
x
parthiban

Post by parthiban »

Thank you everybody for your kind words and support. I truly didn't expect this and am so genuinely touched. I thought I'll clear up certain things for people who didn't read the posts. It wasn't just the comments about faith that was upsetting, it was the derogatory, stereotypical comments about council living people that made me feel dumb struck. Everybody deserves respect regardless of their race, creed , social class, faith or gender. I cannot tolerate hatred against anybody .I am proud of who I am and lucky to have people around me who values and respects me for who I am. Just can't work out why almost all threads are being hijacked recently by people who think this is their stage ! I hope I speak on behalf of every body who wants this forum to be civil and supportive to fellow user members. Thank you! :)

Edited to include the word 'just' because it was incredibly offensive to faith believers.
Last edited by parthiban on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Sorry to hear of your experience parthiban, it's not the usual sort of behaviour one expects on this forum and, on the odd occasion when this sort of behaviour happens, the mods are on it pretty quickly.

I do hope you decide to stay, sounds like you've really contributed already.
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

I am so pleased that the moderator has removed it. I felt sickened by that post and was also going to stop coming on the forum because of it.
I felt it was derogatory to a lot of people whether they be wealthy or not so wealthy but most of all to the Catholic boys that attend St Ambrose and their families.
For anyone that didn't read it, *content removed*
Anyway hopefully we can get back to being to being a constructive, supportive group again and have respect for everyone's beliefs.
We shouldn't have to leave the forum due to the unpleasant views of one individual. :roll:
smiler10

Post by smiler10 »

jugglermum wrote:Parthiban,

Stock Around - good luck

JM
x
Very true JM, there have been some awful comments about the Catholic schools but I genuinely feel that the revolting comments made hit a new low yesterday.
Hopefully that will now be a thing of the past. :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now