Re: Exams Sept 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Hi, Just wondering if there were many her who's DC's are sitting their exams this year? If so where should we be up to with preparation? I never really discuss it at school as there are only a handful of children sitting the exam and I always get the impression that the school doesn't really like the GS's !! :?:
parthiban

Post by parthiban »

Hi Nimbus, In my opinion there really isn't a set timescale with prep, for instance we did it last year and we only started the prep from scratch at mid July as sitting for 11 plus was a last minute decision, so we really filled his gaps(DIY) and did quite a lot of assessment papers so he gets used to the format. You can buy these from all good bookstores or online(cheaper). If you have been preparing all this year then perhaps now will be the time to start revising as its coming to the end of the term but then again if you are thinking about sitting for a mock test this summer maybe now will be a good idea to enquire about this. Unfortunately I'm unable to do this as we didn't do it but a lot of fellow members have very good knowledge about mock test centres in the area. Sorry not much help from me I suppose. Good luck to you and your DC. :D
jugglermum

Post by jugglermum »

Last edited by jugglermum on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Nimbus wrote:Hi, Just wondering if there were many her who's DC's are sitting their exams this year? If so where should we be up to with preparation? I never really discuss it at school as there are only a handful of children sitting the exam and I always get the impression that the school doesn't really like the GS's !! :?:

In My DC's school, he seems to be the only one preparing for GS exams. In our neighbourhood, there are two excellent high schools, and most will be opting to go there. So you can imagine my position in the school playground when mums are discussing high school :oops:

Well...We started preparing from sept last year...well started a bit slow, and really the pace picked up only feb this year. My DC is now doing full and timed papers on regular basis. He is not scoring very high though.....but he is hard worker, and always keen to find why he got things wrong, and i am noticing that he never makes the same mistakes twice...and his scoring is improving, more importantly he is reaching his target time quite comfortably. Pls pm me if you need any more tips.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now