Has anyone come across this company?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kittymum

Has anyone come across this company?

Post by kittymum »

Hi

Just wondered if anyone had any experience with this company?

http://www.*** Advertising Censored ***.co.uk/co.uk.aspx

Thank you :D
kittymum

Re: Has anyone come across this company?

Post by kittymum »

Oh the link is censored?! It was a company offering mock exams (I have nothing to do with them - I'm just a mum of a year 5 child) - just wondered if anyone had come across them / knew anything about them.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Just done a search and it hasn't been mentioned on the forum before ... even in the censored format!
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Thank you.

I guess my query was to ask whether people think there is any benefit to entering children for these type of mock tests?

My eldest child will be taking the 11+ in September and I am feeling somewhat overwhelmed and rather depressed by the whole process ...
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Quite a lot of people do get their DCs to do mock tests - not so much for the actual results of the tests but really the experience of perhaps being in a strange place (OK if they do the 11 plus in their school but many others have to do it elsewhere) - also having to have lots of other people around them, following invigilators instructions, using answer sheets etc, working to time etc.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Quite a lot of people do get their DCs to do mock tests - not so much for the actual results of the tests but really the experience of perhaps being in a strange place (OK if they do the 11 plus in their school but many others have to do it elsewhere) - also having to have lots of other people around them, following invigilators instructions, using answer sheets etc, working to time etc.
abc72

Post by abc72 »

Hi Kittymum,

Assuming I think the same copmany, may I please ask your thoughts on this - did you go for the Mock exam or did you enrol for the online course? Were they good/bad/OK for Bucks in your opinion?

Thanks.
If you can't answer in the forum, please PM me.
kittymum wrote:Thank you.

I guess my query was to ask whether people think there is any benefit to entering children for these type of mock tests?

My eldest child will be taking the 11+ in September and I am feeling somewhat overwhelmed and rather depressed by the whole process ...
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Hi

We didn't do any mock tests so I'm afraid I can't give you any feedback - sorry!

I know some people who have done (don't know where I'm afraid) and they generally felt positive about them.