Sooetie any news?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Footymad

Sooetie any news?

Post by Footymad »

Hi Sooetie any news?

I'm really feeling for you as you are still to receive news!!!

Really hope It's the news you're after when you finally get to know :oops:

Footymad :roll:

Post by Guest »

Hiya Footy - Thanks for asking.

Just came on to let you all know - you've all been so supportive.

Unfortunately he didn't get his first choice - he's not too disappointed because he'll be with all his friends.

Luckily his catchment school is one of the best comprehensives in Essex and he knows it well as he goes there every week for science and maths master classes.

I do wonder if I'd known a bit more about the 11+ and started him preparing earlier whether he'd have done better. He had a few sessions with a tutor who said he could have done with starting earlier. But I did move house to get in this catchment area so he's still got the best chance of doing well.

I'm not sure about the 12+ at the mo. I would think if he's happy where he's going I'll leave him there.

Got it all to come again with my youngest in a couple of years - I'll let him decide if he wants to have a go or if he wants to be in the same school as his brother.

Btw - the LEA got my address wrong - I rang his second choice school and found out he was going there. Had to go across the road and pick the letter up from a neighbour. They had had it a couple of days but as I'm new round here they didn't know me to pop it through the door. LEA still wont take calls until Monday so I've emailed them!

Thanks to you all for putting up with me.

Congratulations to all of you that got good news and I hope your children are happy and successful in their new schools.

To those like me that didn't get their first choice - as they say - quality will out - and they are so lucky they have such supportive parents.

Best wishes to you all

Sue x
sooetie

Post by sooetie »

Ooops sorry that post above was me - forgot to log in before i posted it.
HP

Post by HP »

Hi Sooetie

Even if son didn't get his first choice school, you had the foresight to move into catchment for a good school anyway.

Pretty good forward planning so Very Well Done to you. :) :) :)

HP
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Hi Sooetie, :)
Sorry to hear that you're son didn't get his first choice :oops: but good on you for moving into a good area with a great comprehensive school :P

I wish him "all The Best" success for the future.

Footymad xx.
sooetie

Post by sooetie »

Hi HP and Footy - thanks for the kind words - Best wishes to you both and your families for the future - do you have to go through this again? - my younger son has told me he wants to do the 11+ - I'll be far better prepared next time now I've found this site. I'd like to be of help to other parents in some way too. Sue
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Hi Sue, :)
Thanks for your well wishes.
My youngest daughter is in year 5 at the moment but is adamant that she wants to go to the local comprehensive where her brother is and her friends are going to.

I can't seem to persuade her to try for the grammar school.

Mind you my daughter and her sister (the one that's passed this time) clash a bit so maybe going to different schools will suit them better :?

Youngest girl is bright so I think she will succeed in whatever school she attends. (hopefully)

Then I've got my yougest son who is only seven at the moment.

He was a slow starter, bit is amazing his teacher no end as to his progess this year. He's very clever but just needs a bit more tapping into(if you know what I mean)

So maybe he will try for he boys grammar in four years.

Who knows, just feel a little upset the my daughter in year five doesn't even want to have a go...............

Any suggestions ??

Anybody had a child who was adamant that they weren't going to try for the 11+(as mates etc were going to local comp)

Then just happened to change their mind?

Footymad.
HP

Post by HP »

Hi Sooetie,

Read on another thread that your son was happy with his secondary school - after all that is the main thing.

Good Luck with your younger son.

Thankfully I don't have to go through this again :D unless they change the sibling rule :cry: :wink:

HP
HP

Post by HP »

Hi Footymad,

Wonder if your youngest is feeling overawed by big sister's success. Could be afraid of failure :(

Main thing is that she is happy where she is going.

You could try starting some work at a relaxed pace and tell her she needs to do this in case she changes her mind.

You have quite a brood, now I know how you managed to get all your congrats posted so quickly, loads of practice at multitasking :lol:

HP
sooetie

Post by sooetie »

Hi Footy -

Hey - take a little time to enjoy the success of your eldest.

Maybe your daughter in year five feels that she has to 'live up to expectations' - a lot of pressure. She may just be totally different to your eldest - not wanting the same sort of things? Grammars are very geared towards results and she may have a more arty look on life -

I'm just doing the Mum thing from an outsider view - maybe you should give her a little time and see if she changes her mind.

My youngest is 8 this month and he wants to have a go - is that the brother thing?

T/c Sue
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now