RANK

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
aram

mock result advice

Post by aram »

hello i just seen my dd mock result she got 233 pass mark 218
please can you give me advise this score enough or not enough and also how about compare this and real test please anyone reply?
thankyou
aram
Daogroupie

Re: mock result advice

Post by Daogroupie »

Your result will hopefully help you focus on the areas where there were more marks you could have picked up. That is how a mock helps. It shows you what your dc needs to improve on. Were you surprised by the result? Were you expecting her to do better? What is the format of the exams she will be taking? DG
panicattack

Re: mock result advice

Post by panicattack »

Was this the Sutton Mock? Which papers? It looks like a good pass so keep going and good luck.
aram

test A SUTTON

Post by aram »

thankyou for your comments but i am little bit disappointed because my daughter doing very well at home and tuition if she did like that she will get more marks but i encourage my daughter then she told me i will get high marks in test B MUMMY.she will sit test b next week anybody know about test b harder or easier than test b? and also can you let me know how much full marks in this test what mean standariced scores?
please reply
thankyou
aram
aram

mock test advice

Post by aram »

hello my daughter in sutton test A GOT 233 and she is in about 120 th place out of 564 {only girls} how about this rank we also live out of bourough nearly what rank help to get a grammar school place? and sutton moct test harder or easier than or same as real test ?please any body reply?
thanks
Snowdaddy

Re: RANK

Post by Snowdaddy »

Dont Panic.

There is some very irrational worrying going on in this thread. You have to use the results constructively. It is a mock (practice paper) doesn't mean your DC will get identical score in real thing.

1) For many it will be first time they have sat an exam in big hall.
2) Not exactly the same children will sit the real one, some might have no intention of applying to Sutton schools, but mocks in their home area are hard to find
3) Everyone has their favorite questions, and others they struggle on, real test could have more or less of ones that are found easier
4) It shows up weaker areas, you still have time to concentrate on this
5) Many will apply and sit at a number of schools, the same exceptional kids will tend to get highest marks in all the tests but they can't go to multiple schools, so being say 150th might get you 70th offered place.

Remember the rank in the mock is no indicator of where you will come in the ranking of final offers due to variables above. Simply use the mock as good test experience and information on where additional practice needs to be concentrated.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Quite rightly pointed out by Snowdaddy.

Test in each school are different. When my DC took the Sutton mocks, it was Maths & VR mainly. We were more interested in Tiffins, which had NVR and VR which is quite different from VR in other schools (say, for example, Slough consortium).

So don't worry at all about the scores in Sutton Mocks. Use it as practice for exam hall experience and as pointer to the week areas. Still 3 months to go for the real tests.
aram

Re: thankyou

Post by aram »

thanks very much your useful advice
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

aram wrote:as real test ?
Which schools are you applying for? Sutton?
Animis opibusque parati
aram

Re: appoolly sch

Post by aram »

hello
i want to apply nonsuch,wghs and tiffin girls.
thankyou