Beths or Trinity

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
soupastar

Beths or Trinity

Post by soupastar »

Hi Everyone

I was hoping to get some advice and opinion on where to send DS. Basically he earned himself a pretty good scholarship with Trinity independent school. We still have to pay but only around 50% of the fees. Journey time is around about 35 minutes to the school and we do really like the school.

However yesterday he was offered a place at Beths. Which of course is free. Slightly further away (about 45 mins). Both are all boys. He is not particularly sporty but pretty academic, likes drama, music etc.

I wondered if there was anywhere on the web where you can do direct comparisons between the two schools academic wise. Beths was 2nd on our list (Sutton was 1st but he is too far down the waiting list) and the indy's we did as a back up plan in case he didn't get any of his first choices.

We would lose a first term fee at Trinity but overall would be saving 40k+ throughout his school life if we chose beths. The money is a consideration as if it wasn't we would stick with Trinity but now I am really uncertain as to what we should do.

Any thoughts/opinions/advice much appreciated
Muggle

Re: Beths or Trinity

Post by Muggle »

Here is the link for the FT schools information guide, it is quite useful for comparing schools:

http://rankings.ft.com/secondary-school ... hools-2012" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
soupastar

Post by soupastar »

thanks muggle
lefol

Post by lefol »

Hi Soupastar!

Have you made your decision ? Both schools are miles apart !

You may get more responses if you post this under the independent schools forum of this site . Distance will be a factor of you live far away from
Beths as you have to consider the rush hour school journey and the dark winter months . I am not sure Beths have a coach and as such you seriously need to consider the journey time . Your ds has a huge scholarship and if you can comfortably afford the balance plus extras and it is close to you , go for it . Both are very good schools so the deciding factors will be travel time , money and his preference .
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now