Going it alone, best resources for Trafford?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NotAPushyMum

Going it alone, best resources for Trafford?

Post by NotAPushyMum »

I should know this as I've been through it twice already, two dd's at AGGS.

My DS will be sitting the exams in September/October, he has had a tutor for a few months. Unfortunately this tutor's style hasn't worked for DS, so we are going it alone from here on. I've signed up to the Bond online membership and all is going well. I can't tell if this is going to be enough though, the Bond questions don't seem to be as hard as the work he was doing with the tutor so I'm concerned that I may be being lulled into a false sense of security. I know there are a limited number of GL Assessment exams available so have held back on giving him any to do yet. Are there some different resources we should be using that are specific to Trafford?
yoyo123

Re: Going it alone, best resources for Trafford?

Post by yoyo123 »

have you looked here?

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/Trafford/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jugglermum

Post by jugglermum »

Last edited by jugglermum on Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agsbmad

Post by agsbmad »

I would recommend Practise & pass series. I tried everything and think those were the most helpful ones. Start with discover series and move to 'develop' ones later. Good luck!

PS at my son's school they were using11-12 bond papers to prepare because 10-11 are on the easy side.
NotAPushyMum

Post by NotAPushyMum »

Thanks everyone.Fortunately he's got NVR cracked its just the VR and Maths we need to concentrate on.

I'm feeling a little lost without the tutor, but DS's confidence is much better and he's getting higher marks so I think I've done the right thing in moving him.
Yankmum

Post by Yankmum »

Try the GL Assessment 11+ Explained books for NVR and VR. They only came out about 2 years ago and made a big difference for DD who is now at AGGS. The questions are in the format the exam will be and the books go through all the question types, even explaining why an answer is wrong. Start the GLA papers for NVR an VR asap, the GLA question types and formats differ from Bond. Good luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now