Rickmansworth school

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
decaff

Rickmansworth school

Post by decaff »

Is their any truth in rumour that head at Clement Danes is overseeing things at Rickmansworth while head off sick? Why would this be the case. Have also heard many teachers may be on the move. Am worried as have this as my first choice.
decaff

Re: Rickmansworth school

Post by decaff »

Its a long time since this was discussed on here but have heard that Head and Deputy Head have now resigned. This is perhaps good news for school but I am hoping they can appoint someone new quickly. My DS starts in September and am little anxious as keep hearing parents discussing potential Special Measures status loomingl. Does anybody have any accurate info good or bad?
WP

Post by WP »

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/1 ... positions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By deputy they mean the acting head, as the head has been away for several months. The previous deputy left in February:

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/1 ... es_probed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

the local rumour is that there is someone very keen on the job, but they have not been able to even search for any prospective heads as the previous one was on gardening leave so still officially in post. If it is the person I have heard mentioned then he will be very good and will get things sorted quickly. Have heard nothing about special measures, but I expect it will be because of financial issues rather than achievement as I dont think the actual day to day running of the school has suffered without the head being around!
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

interestingly there seems to be a lot of movement on the Ricky waiting list in the last week or so. A friend was offered this week an academic place despite being 5th on wl the week before. They apparently offered to 3 people who all turned it down.
Personally I would be more keen since the news the head and deputy had gone than previously as now the school are free to advertise for a new head and start afresh.
HenryVIII

Post by HenryVIII »

Just to reassure parents and prospective students that on the coal-face, I know of a current Y7 pupil who is very happy there with none of the reported changes having any obvious impact.

I think that there is a new free school which has recently opened in Mill End/Maple Cross catering for 120 pupils per year group so this will alleviate the pressure on distance places for Rickmansworth School and which might explain the more rapid movement on the lists this year (DS1 would certainly have got in; we bailed out at WL position 4 at the beginning of July and the list may have moved further but not that far by Sept).

More generally, I'll be interested to see the consortium scores at entry for the new Y7s come September for all the schools. Hey ho going through the process AGAIN for DS2 and mercifully for the last time!
decaff

Post by decaff »

The new Free School will initially be housed on the Tolpits Lane industrial Estate for around 2-3 years until a new school is built in Mill End area. This year it is expected to take around 60 children. I know of 2 children whose parents are declining places at Rickmansworth to take up places at new school. They have been so impressed with ethos of the school. Those with children in current year 5 are very lucky because they will be able to view school when its up and running in the autumn.
ajooba

Post by ajooba »

Does anyone know the catchment for the new school? does it include any of west watford?
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

It was originally intended for WD3 children but I know of a child in WD18 who has a place for this September.
Sallyltb

Post by Sallyltb »

ajooba wrote:Does anyone know the catchment for the new school? does it include any of west watford?
It is purely on distance from the Mill End Sports and Social Club.