AGGS open day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
wanem

AGGS open day

Post by wanem »

Hi there, I'm new here and just read lots of very helpful messages. Thank you so much.

We're going to attend AGGS's open night on 26th June. We are not able to arrive at 4 pm. I'm wondering what the programme is at the open night. If we arrive an hour late, will we miss anything?

This will be our first time for secondary school open day and my daughter will be in Y4 in September. Thank you.
GailJ

Re: AGGS open day

Post by GailJ »

Hi- I am not sure of the format AGGS but the open evening for AGSB is for those boys who are doing their exams this year, so going into year 6 in September. It may be worth checking if AGGS is the same. They tend to be packed as well!
Good luck :D
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

We attended the AGGS open day a couple of years ago it is extremely busy. They had tours around the school led by year 9/10 pupils and a talk on the school ethos (you had to book a session time on arrival as they could not accomodate everyone at one sitting). Classrooms were open to view with a selection of pupils demonstrating their work and teachers available for informal chats.
I would not recommend taking a child under the age of 9 as they may find it quite overwhelming.
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

It was the same last year. I'm going again this year for a walk around even though my daughter starts in Sept. Just having a nosey and won't attend the talk. I'd definitely recommend you go to the talk if you haven't been before, it's very informative. I think from memory, but i could be wrong, they hold about 3 or 4 talks every half hour from 4:30 onwards. Yes, it's very busy, in fact, it's manic. Hard to get a parking place. I'm going at 7pm so hopefully it would have died down a bit by then.
wanem

Post by wanem »

Thanks for all your replies. I can imagine it is busy. We'll definitely go to the talk. Try to catch it.