Pupil premiu and entry criteria

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
steppemum

Pupil premiu and entry criteria

Post by steppemum »

Does anyone know anything about the pupil premium?
There was some talk on the threads about how from this year it will be included in the criteria for who gets a place. What was said was that of those who passed the exam it would be ranked as looked after kids etc, followed by kids receiving pupil premium, followed by rank order of test results.

We have the Marling brochure for 2014 entrance and it isn't mentioned anywhere. So basically, does anyone know if that is true and where that came from and how we find out?
steppemum

Re: Pupil premiu and entry criteria

Post by steppemum »

whoops sorry about the mistake in the title :oops:
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

I think it is only Pate's who have applied this criteria. They definitely used it last year and (I think) for the year before. Don't think any other Glos GS have used it.
steppemum

Post by steppemum »

so, at what point do they ask about it then?

Actually, I suppose my question also applies to looked after kids etc.
If they don't ask up front, then how do they rank the 120 places? Because if they rank the top 120 according to results and then at application they have, say 10 children fitting the extra criteria, then either that means they offer 130 places, or it means the top 120 can't all fit in if they wanted to?

Not in any way questioning who gets priority, just curious as to how that works in practice.
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

I'd assume the LA knows the criteria. Then of the top ranked 180 those who are looked after/pupil premium would move to the top if the ranking? Maybe?
Cup of tea

Post by Cup of tea »

They do apply it afterwards. And if you have pupil premium and make the top 180 you leapfrog up to no. 1 position.

This is why even if you make the original top 120 the letter states "this does not guarantee you a place" just in case of that very scenario.