CCHS applicants how are you doing?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Araucana girl

CCHS applicants how are you doing?

Post by Araucana girl »

Stress levels are starting to rise after going to the open evening last week. Dd and I still love the school and the good thing is dd saw another girl from her class there and realised that a third was there as well when she went to school the next day. Up until now she has known no one else who is sitting the CEM so really pleased that the three of them are all doing it together and know they are :D

How are you doing with the prep for CEM? As we are doing CEM and the CSSE I feel like we are doing CSSE prep but not that much specific CEM prep at the moment. Has anyone done any put together mocks for it yet? Dd's tutor has given her a few cloze sections and we were doing a fair bit of NVR but have left that for a bit. I know you aren't meant to be able to tutor for CEM that much but panicking that we don't seem to be concentrating on it specifically at all at the moment :shock:

Aaagh how is everyone else feeling?
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
talea51

Re: CCHS applicants how are you doing?

Post by talea51 »

Really feeling the pressure here!!!

My dd is having meltdown after meltdown poor child! I have told her that it's not a big deal if she doesn't get in, she's a bright girl and she will do well no matter where she goes!

Last night she was crying and telling me that she wants to stay 10 forever and doesn't want to get any older and she was sobbing her heart out because she said that she can't cope with the idea that I won't always be with her!

She also seems to have completely lost the ability to do VR and had a meltdown a week or so ago and couldn't do any of the paper at all!

After that, I gave her a paper to do (not timed) and although she took hours to complete it, I do literally mean hours, she got 100% for it! Hopefully that has built up her confidence again!

VR was her strong suit! I am quietly going mad and trying very very hard not to let my neuroses and anxiety rub off on to her!

Heaven only knows how we will be closer to the exam!
Araucana girl

Re: CCHS applicants how are you doing?

Post by Araucana girl »

I think it must be meltdown time :shock: My dd lost the plot on a VR paper at the weekend, usually does really well in the time - she missed loads out, just stared at other bits. Decided to give today a miss and not do any work :D today is another day :wink:
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein