New Style Bexley test, help please....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MerlinFromCamelot

New Style Bexley test, help please....

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

Hi,

Totally lost regarding the new style Bexley test.

DD1has been trough the system a few years ago and it was my understanding that the only difference was that comprehension and NVR would be added to the old style test. However from reading the messages on these boards it is my understanding that the whole system has been binned and replaced by a new system. Looked at the Bucks board but the more I read the more confused I get. :oops:

DD2 will be sitting the test in Sept 2014. Things I have done so far;
Maths using Scoffield and Sims, Bond & Challenge maths from WHS.
Vr & Nvr - Bond (does VR as we know it not exist anymore?? )
Spelling and vocabulary - A&E tuition 11+ workbooks

In addition to this DD2 loves reading.

Having said that, this is more or less the same as what I did with DD1 when she was year 4.

Do I panic?? I intended to DIY the 11+ like we did with DD1 however now I'm not so sure anymore... where do I go from here???? Even if the Bexley and Kent test are now totally different I still intend to do both. I/e Kent as backup.

Pleeease help me..... Thank you.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: New Style Bexley test, help please....

Post by DIY Mum »

Don't panic :)

Carry on doing what you've been doing - especially the Reading 8)

In terms of resources, you can purchase CGP's CEM books to help you- we didn't have that facility before and had to diy our own.

Just a reminder: don't do traditional VR tests . Not at all relevant for a CEM exam.

Best of luck.
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

Thank you so much DIY mum, have ordered a CGP book, hopefully that will give me a better idea as to what I'm preparing for. Having said that there doesn't seem much going on the Bexley forum despite the changes to the test. Maybe I'm the only one trying to coach my DD for the test? Or is this wishful thinking? :lol:
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

DIY Mum wrote:Don't panic :)

Carry on doing what you've been doing - especially the Reading 8)

In terms of resources, you can purchase CGP's CEM books to help you- we didn't have that facility before and had to diy our own.

Just a reminder: don't do traditional VR tests . Not at all relevant for a CEM exam.

Best of luck.
So, bond VR is not relevant for KE consortium is it?

also, if DD is also doing KEGS, then she still needs traditional bond VR (21 types or more types)???