Who's doing bham too?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Wolves mum

Who's doing bham too?

Post by Wolves mum »

Now that the Walsall Shropshire test is done are any of you going for bham too?
I wasn't planning to but ds coped fine with the exam so I don't feel too guilty about making him do another one.
However I do plan to spend the summer letting them play and have fun, so if I'm not going to make him revise everyday is it worth doing it?
moseleymum

Re: Who's doing bham too?

Post by moseleymum »

Would you consider sending him if he does well?

If so then it's definitely worth doing, especially if there's no pressure, he's happy and you see it as a bonus. My nephew sat the B'ham exam with no tuition and no pressure, his parents were happy to send him to their local comp, so they thought they had nothing to lose by doing the exam. He managed to get a place at Fiveways and will be going in September.

If your son is happy then what have you got to lose? You would need to apply quickly though, closing date is 12th July.
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

I was wary of sending him to Brum after that poor girl was stabbed on the school bus last year. However after seeing so many parents on here confidently sending their children to bham it makes me feel as if I was over reacting.

The only problem is we fly back from Mexico on the 4th of September!
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

You have nothing to lose.

The Green Bus runs from Wolves to Five Ways.
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Wolves mum wrote:I was wary of sending him to Brum after that poor girl was stabbed on the school bus last year. However after seeing so many parents on here confidently sending their children to bham it makes me feel as if I was over reacting.

The only problem is we fly back from Mexico on the 4th of September!

Such tragic incidents are thankfully very rare.

What do your other half/DS think?
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

When DS came out if Adams he was really happy and said that he thought he'd passed. I mentioned the Bham grammars and he said no. However I'm sure I could coax him into doing the exam.
Husband thinks he shouldn't do Bham grammar as they are too far. However if he has failed Adams /QM I'd hate to look back and wish we'd at least tried the KE.

The green bus is what has tempted me! I had thought he'd need to get a train.
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

And of course unlike Adams the KE schools are free.
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

Adams is free too. You can board in which case you pay, otherwise it's free.

Or I really hope it is :?
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Wolves mum wrote:When DS came out if Adams he was really happy and said that he thought he'd passed. I mentioned the Bham grammars and he said no. However I'm sure I could coax him into doing the exam.
Husband thinks he shouldn't do Bham grammar as they are too far. However if he has failed Adams /QM I'd hate to look back and wish we'd at least tried the KE.

The green bus is what has tempted me! I had thought he'd need to get a train
"What ifs" are hard to live with. If there's a Green Bus then there will be lots of children using it and therefore lots of potential friends to be made :D .

Maybe apply, as the closing date is looming, and continue to think about it? :wink:
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Wolves mum wrote:Adams is free too. You can board in which case you pay, otherwise it's free.

Or I really hope it is :?
http://www.adamsgsvle.org.uk/index.phtml?d=548835" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope I am wrong but I think day boarder is all those who don't fully board and is payable by all pupils. That is certainly the case with Oldswinford Hospital, which is another state boarding school, similar to Adams.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now