Here today and gone tomorrow...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ToadMum

Here today and gone tomorrow...

Post by ToadMum »

…well, here today and there on Monday, anyway!

Just when I was thinking that DD and I really must have the talk about whether she wants to stay on the CI list for grammar school into year 8 or just stay where she is, the opportunity to retest actually came up, and on Tuesday we found out that she had been successful :D. So tomorrow evening she takes off her black blazer for the last time, and on Monday morning puts on her natty new green one, plus what as far as I can remember is the first skirt she has worn since she was seven years old :shock:

DD’s current school was not one we actually applied to, but she has been very happy there – we are at pains to explain to everyone (including the lovely people at the school itself) that she is not trying to get away from where she is, but, having been given a second chance to go to the school that was her original first choice, she wants to take it. Her school friends are all very excited for her; one hopes they won’t forget her too quickly.

Now we just have to sort out getting the balance of her dinner money back through the Parentpay system….
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
push-pull-mum

Re: Here today and gone tomorrow...

Post by push-pull-mum »

Brilliant news :-) So happy for you.
And well done Black Blazer School for giving your daughtee such a positive start to secondary school.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

push-pull-mum wrote:Brilliant news :-) So happy for you.
And well done Black Blazer School for giving your daughtee such a positive start to
secondary school.
Thank you! And yes, the school has been great. Until February 2012 it had been in Special Measures for a while, and for some reason the Echo seems to have something against it, but we cannot praise it highly enough for the way that DD has been cared for (and educated, of course :)).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ahap

Post by ahap »

Fantastic news! Congrats.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Wonderful news, well done to your dd, what a lovely summer she is going to have thinking about September and her new school to come back to. DG
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Thank you folks :) - DD is very excited about starting at SHSG on Monday, but of course the last day at Cecil Jones today was a bit sad as well. She said that she nearly couldn't get to the bus-stop at home time for the number of people hugging her.

She may not have much time to think during the summer - nor we, for that matter - as I have rashly promised the school that I will try to get her "up to speed" with whichever second MFL she is allocated :lol:
moved

Post by moved »

Congratulations to you and your DD. :D
Sundae21

Post by Sundae21 »

Congratulations ToadMum,
My DD is currently there coming to the end of Y7, she arrived a few days late from the waiting list back in Sep 2012, she went to another school for a few days before we got the phone call. I can honestly say that the school was completely fantastic, DD was not troubled in the slightest switching schools and she slotted in perfectly. I'm sure all the girls will warmly welcome your DD. So pleased we made the move. A wonderful, wonderful school.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Okay, two days in and DD definitely seems to be "there" now (but on Skype to CJC friends in the evening :) ). Even the move from top end of top stream to middle sets in everything doesn't seem to bother her, although she was very nervous initially - she even let DS1 go with her yesterday, but dispatched him forthwith at the school gate!

She seems to have been adopted by the Barking / Upminster "posse" and has instructions as to which carriage to get into on the train in the morning to meet up with them :) . We are very impressed with how friendly and helpful everyone has been.

DD slightly less impressed with the extra two days school next week, though, as at her old school she would have finished on Friday like DS2 :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now