Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
miche83

Tutor needed for assesment and tutoring Orpington Kent

Post by miche83 »

Hi
I wonder if anyone could help me.

I have a son who will be going in to year 5 in September, he is currently in a school which has been in special measures for a while now and I cant seem to get him out of there. His reports etc show he is doing really well but I am concerned that this is just compared to others within the school and not outside.

Could anyone recommend a tutor who could do an assessment to see what level my son is currently at to enable us to start tuition accordingly?

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Michelle

Genuine recommendations by PM only (private message) are acceptable - but beware of the possibility that someone who appears to be offering a recommendation may have a vested interest! Please let us know if you think anyone is abusing the system by soliciting for business or 'spamming'.
It's easy to report a possible problem: just click on the red exclamation mark that appears with every post and PM: Image

Always treat recommendations from unknown persons with caution. However, there are many long standing members (check the date of joining and number of posts) who make a valuable contribution to the forum. If you receive a recommendation from one of them, it could be worth considering seriously (while still exercising a degree of caution).

If you receive a recommendation from anyone else, please exercise extreme caution!

Note also:
  • • Tutors can found in the online tutor directory by clicking here

• Institutional Course details can be found here

• Intensive Holiday Courses can be found here
Kind regards

ForumAdmin
rosehulk

Re: Tutor needed for assesment and tutoring Orpington Kent

Post by rosehulk »

[Post removed by moderator]
Kingfisher

Post by Kingfisher »

You should remove the phone number.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Sorry don't know any tutors to recommend, but I think you are going to have to get on the case yourself too if you feel you want to give your son the best chance and that school might not have got him to the point they should have done - but do remember it is perfectly possible that the school is in special measures but that your son personally has still done genuinely well.

Before school finishes ask for what they consider his National Curriculum levels in reading, writing and maths to be, and how they arrived at these levels - was it teacher assessment or test, and if it was a test which test? Ask for copies of the completed tests.

Then also find out which schools you are wanting to apply for and if they have their own test or are going to do use the Kent test in September 2014 (we do not yet know what the Kent test will be like in september 2014) - read the Kent section for more info on our current puzzle.

If the school has its own tests start preparing as specifically as possible for that - read the relevant threads on here e.g. if it's St Olave's read as much as you can about preparation for St Olave's.

Also, more reading will always stand a child in good stead, and work through some maths workbooks which are slightly above his current national curriculum level so that he moves forward rather than backwards over the summer holidays. You will find a massive choice in a big bookshop.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now