Nonsuch Parents Ofsed inspection

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stargazer

Nonsuch Parents Ofsed inspection

Post by stargazer »

Nonsuch have had an Ofsted inspection on 3 and 4th of July.
Has anyone got an inkling of the outcome? (not yet on the website).

I cannot imagine that it is anything but 'outstanding and at least good in the gradings'. But it would be nice to have official confirmation to motivate us in our preparation.
silverysea

Re: Nonsuch Parents Ofsed inspection

Post by silverysea »

Wow do they inspect the parents too? Cor.

Sorry couldn't resist. :oops:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The report has to go to the school, who can contest it, it is then sent to parents of children at the school and appears online shortly after ( I think about 2 weeks?)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

who can contest it
You can't contest the gradings but you can ask for factual errors to be corrected.

It won't be posted on the Ofsted website until September now.
London_Mum

Post by London_Mum »

Its current grade is 'Good' not 'Outstanding'.

That is based on a very old inspection report but backed up by an interim report in 2011.
Being outstanding is based on more than just grades achieved. If anything, it can be difficult for a selective school to demonstrate the value added elements needed to secure an outstanding grade. If all pupils enter the school with minimum generated target grades of A's and A*s (as they will do if they have achieved 5a's and level 6's in their SATS) then anything less than this is failure but anything more than this is pretty difficult to achieve.
Then of course, there are the other elements that schools will be assessed on, such as leadership and future direction, which may or may not have been given enough time to come across clearly at Nonsuch.

I am sure the report grade will be a good again at the very least but it is important not to just focus on the overall grade but the written report itself and what it contains and of course your own opinion of the school and the elements you value - not just the inspectors' tick list of things they want to see.
modernista

Post by modernista »

I agree with London_mum, the 2008 report gives 'good' to the schools effort but 'outstanding' for results etc.
The only really negative comment was that the school did not do enough to support girls who previous attainment in English was low. So they made their lives easier by adding an English test to the admissions! But then they are a selective school so who can argue with that.

Having said that, my DD is at NSuch and is thriving so I am not complaining. Stargazer, this forum has a lot of parents so is excellent for getting info about specific areas of interest and concerns and anonymity encourages honesty.

Londonmum, where did you see the interim report.
London_Mum

Post by London_Mum »

The page for Nonsuch http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-rep ... ELS/103008 here has links to all past inspection reports and interim statements.

This isn't where the new report will appear though. Since becoming an academy, Nonsuch has a new entry on the Ofsted website (the one that comes up on searches).
modernista

Post by modernista »

Thanks London mum! We have been assured by the school that they will send us a link.