KEFW - School dinners

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
muminbrum

KEFW - School dinners

Post by muminbrum »

Have I missed a letter or am I correct to think that we haven't been told how to pay for school meals? Does this mean another free dinner on the first day :) ? As they have a cashless system I assume they can't pay on the day? I've had a look on the website but you need a code from the school to be able to register on the system.

I've also just tried to buy his WM travel bus pass and that doesn't start until 1st Sept so need to make sure he has the right change for the first two days :roll:

And is it safe to assume they don't need PE kit on day one?

Don't even get me started on the FW challenge...........
ToadMum

Re: KEFW - School dinners

Post by ToadMum »

Does this help? It is on the school's website (back to my Elephant's Child tendencies about the wider world):

http://www.kefw.bham.sch.uk/ke/content/ ... -14%29.pdf

There is something about biometric registration in September, and please send your child with a cheque.

(Meanwhile, our DD has just moved from a school which had finally introduced this system, to one which is only at the stage of 'thinking about it'... It's a really good idea, but DD did say that the lunch queue actually went very much more slowly at first :roll: ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Not sure where I have seen it but something saying that they need to take a cheque with them on the first day and it is all set up in the first couple of days.

The Five Ways Challenge it certainly is - especially for the parents!!!

The Green Bus, which I hope runs from August, have taken their first £75.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

Thanks both.
Happy dad wrote:
The Five Ways Challenge it certainly is - especially for the parents!!!
:lol: and to think I used to moan about making a 'personality collage' over the summer holidays. Teachers must have a great time planning ways to torture parents and turn the last few days of the summer holidays into a battle!
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Received information this morning re ParentPay for lunches. Also Green Bus pass came as well. However with all the after school activities he is thinking of doing (as listed in the planner) I think it may be lots of money for nothing as we will need to collect him maybe three evenings a week.

Yes the Five Ways Challenge has resulted in all plans for August bank holiday being cancelled.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

Yes we received the pack from school too.

We also received the photo card for his WM travel bus pass so halfway there with that - just need the actual pass now. After debating the whole Green Bus/ public bus thing we went for the latter on the grounds of cost (as we are only a short distance from school I object to paying the same as someone coming from Bromsgrove for the same price - of course if I lived in Bromsgrove I would think it was completely fair :lol: ) and because he is keen to join lots of clubs. Downside is that I will fret more but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

He's at KEFW for Science Week this week and is having a great time with the sixth formers. Lots of kids picking up GCSE results when I dropped him this morning. None in tears :)
Happy dad

Post by Happy dad »

Yes my son is at the Science week too and having great fun.

It was rather busy this morning and did notice one lad with not very happy parents.

Just heard that the FW8 maybe withdrawn owing to lack of interest. We really have a choice of this or the FW7 but it is poor to announce this after parents have bought annual passes.
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

Maybe he only got 14 A *?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now