test times - out of county primary school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mono Wheel

test times - out of county primary school

Post by Mono Wheel »

Does anyone have a rough idea what times of day these tests are likely to be held on 10 + 12 Sept?

My child goes to Priory School Slough and would need taking to/from a test centre in Bucks.

All being well we would apply to BGS using the Slough CAF once the results have been given.
Sally-Anne

Re: test times - out of county primary school

Post by Sally-Anne »

I feel fairly sure that they will take place at the same time as the tests in Bucks Schools, which I assume will be taken from 9am or thereabouts. CEM will want to minimise any possibility of "leakage" of test content.
Mono Wheel

Post by Mono Wheel »

Thanks Sally-Anne, I hope so too, and it would be great if something like that could be officially communicated.

As far as I know I have to be on standby AM & PM for both of those days to take my child to/from a testing centre, until central testing arrangements are communicated, but that’s not until 2 weeks before the tests.
Mono Wheel

Post by Mono Wheel »

I have to plan my work schedule to start shift work at 3.30pm on 10+12 Sept.

Does anyone know what the chances are of these 11+ tests being finished by 3.30pm?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I'm fairly sure they won't be in the afternoon and if they were, they would not go on beyond the end of the school day.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Sounds like bucks has plans in place to make it hard for out of county candidates.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Mystery - why do you say that?

They are trying to make it the same for everyone i.e. everyone sits at the same time. In the past there have been leaks of test content which has been unfair to Bucks candidates.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Yes - leaks of test content definitely need to be avoided, but not having communicated definite arrangements really makes it hard for out of county parents if I have understood correctly. It would stump me not to have exact details of time and place by now as I have very little other childcare support to call upon for the younger one, and for someone working shifts or in a job where you just can't make last minute arrangements like this and duck out of work commitments it really is not good. It's a nervewracking experience for some children and to give them the best chance the parents need to be able to make good arrangements well in advance.

The in county children have the security of knowing that it is in their own school on a particular morning.

Is there a reason for not being able to tell the out of county parents where and when they will be sitting an exam by this stage? They must by now have worked out invigilator numbers, hall capacities etc so it just strikes me as odd. It feels homespun! Bit like our Kent tender exercise which has stopped and started anew.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

mystery wrote: Is there a reason for not being able to tell the out of county parents where and when they will be sitting an exam by this stage? They must by now have worked out invigilator numbers, hall capacities etc so it just strikes me as odd.
I have asked myself this many times over the past few months, and have come to the conclusion that they simply don't know! Though they should do by now - the cut-off date for applications was 1 July....

We are supposed to be getting a letter on 23rd August containing all the details, so hopefully that will be enough time to make arrangements.
Marylou
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It's being organised by the GS so they will need to talk to each other to work out what is happening.

Mystery - the arrangements for OOC candidates have ALWAYS been commnuicated about two weeks prior to the tests which were in half-term.

The dates HAVE been clearly communicated which is an improvement in previous years.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now