Bond papers V NFER paper

11 Plus Maths – Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Twins

Bond papers V NFER paper

Post by Twins »

:?

I am currently doing the Bond papers with my twin sons who are both sitting the SGS, LDS and HGS. They seem to be finding the Maths 2007 Bond papers harder than the NFER papers. Has anyone else experienced this?

Post by Guest »

My son's tutor told him that the Bond papers are 5% - 10% harder than NFER. So if they are getting 70% on Bond it equates to 75% - 80% on NFER. Don't know how true that is.

Dawn
fm

Post by fm »

All the children I've taken through the 11 plus have found the Bond Maths harder than the nfer maths. A child getting, say, 43 out of 50 on Nfer regularly drops to 38/39 on Bond. I don't even use Bond if the child has really struggled with Nfer because it would demoralise them further.
cordi

Post by cordi »

It's such a relief to hear my dd isn't the only one struggling with the Bond papers!
Twins

Bond V NEFER

Post by Twins »

Thanks for all the responses on the Bond papers.

I think I will sleep better tonight. :wink:

They have completed 3 out of the 4 tests in the pack - averaging around 70% and 75%. I think there are so many topics and as they are 10 they tend to forget.

My next hurdle is trying to get them into the same school :o

Post by Guest »

It's quite strange that the Bond maths papers are so much harder than the NFER maths papers, when the opposite is true with the verbal reasoning.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

also Bond seem harder for NVR too

Post by Guest »

I think it depends on the child. Mine found Bond much easier than NFER!