PE kit

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
champagnemoet

PE kit

Post by champagnemoet »

Hi hope you are all enjoying the hols. I wanted to ask if anyone knows the importance of having childs initials embroidered on pe top hoodie and skort? had to order them because most sizes sold out and this will take 10 to 14 days to arrive then there was a suggestion of having initials added.The clothes will need to be sent away again and this may take another 10 days.Term will have started before then.Is it compulsory? How long do items take if ordered on line? appreciate any replies thanks :D
champagnemoet

PE initials

Post by champagnemoet »

Hi sorry I meant to add KEHS school PE kit :o :oops: :oops:
mike1880

Re: PE kit

Post by mike1880 »

It's the first I've heard of it, our daughter's are just labelled. (Altho other half has just been going thru everything assessing sizes and state of wear with an eye to replacement and tells me that a good proportion of them aren't labelled with our daughter's name :lol: )

Mike
champagnemoet

Post by champagnemoet »

hi mike. we have been told by the staff in uniform shop that its only yr 7 8 and 9. ? I cannot understand why though
if as you point out childs name is inside. Not a lot we can do now .thanks for your reply again :)
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

For KES next door we have been asked to buy the larger name labels and have them sewn on the front of their PE shorts so that PE staff can learn their names quickly. I ordered them from Early Years (?) in Shirley. They were posted out to me a week later. You might want to try that if you are short on time?
UmSusu
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Must be a new thing then, daughter is going into Y9 and we know nothing about it. Won't be happening in our house. I'd go with the external name label idea (but even that won't help if they're all wearing random items of each others' kit as would appear from our daughter's collection).
champagnemoet

Post by champagnemoet »

Thanks umsusu and mike Yes I do have those labels with the intention of sewing them inside.Iwill order a hoodie online with initials and hope it arrives in time.Is that the reason then ,so that pe teacher can remember names? so what about the rest of the uniform? :roll: :roll:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

champagnemoet wrote:Thanks umsusu and mike Yes I do have those labels with the intention of sewing them inside.Iwill order a hoodie online with initials and hope it arrives in time.Is that the reason then ,so that pe teacher can remember names? so what about the rest of the uniform? :roll: :roll:
I can't remember which school it was, but I'm sure I have come across one where the name had to be embroidered across the back of some garment (?science overall). Perhaps this would make more sense for games kit :lol:
Last edited by ToadMum on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
muminbrum

Post by muminbrum »

When I was at school in the dark ages the girls had to embroider their initials onto games top and skirt themselves. No such requirement for the boys! :?