Sleepless!

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

Sleepless!

Post by moved »

DS is wide awake and unable to sleep; I appear to be less wide awake, but equally unable to sleep!

We have a nice day arranged tomorrow - 6.15am DS opens emailed results, 9.30am go to school to register for 6th form and buy the tie. 11ish come home with friend and her DS, meet her DD who will have been to her school to collect her one result, 12 go to DD's school to collect her one result, 12.30 walk to pub with dog to drown our sorrows or celebrate in style. Much later go home again. :mrgreen:
Bati

Re: Sleepless!

Post by Bati »

Ds just gone to bed, he seems pretty calm unlike me :roll:
Our day tomorrow consist of getting to school about 9am. Then contacting the new school for 6th form to let them know his grades. Go home so he can phone his nan (they are very close and she wont sleep tonight either lol) i imagine he will be phoning quite a few friends, then just go out and enjoy the day
Hope your son gets the grades he wants
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

moved wrote:We have a nice day arranged tomorrow - 6.15am DS opens emailed results, 9.30am go to school to register for 6th form and buy the tie. 11ish come home with friend and her DS, meet her DD who will have been to her school to collect her one result, 12 go to DD's school to collect her one result, 12.30 walk to pub with dog to drown our sorrows or celebrate in style. Much later go home again.
Gosh, perhaps I'm just a born pessimist, but despite DS1's assurances that he will have the magic number of "points" required for his intended sixth form, and more, I am actually not planning any further than "09.30 be on doorstep of soon no longer to be current school to collect results"!! No emails from SHSB, although I think DS1 can go online to get some of his results, if only he can remember his log-in details :roll:

He did get 100% in the test they did on the SHSG Physics induction day, so I am trying to be optimistic...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
moved

Post by moved »

I refuse to have any thoughts that are more negative than those I've already had.

Good luck tomorrow. We all deserve it. Not sure about the boys though; they put us through far too much stress.
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Good luck to everyone opening their envelopes today!
moved

Post by moved »

Well, sixth form here we come! :D
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Wow, got yours already. Congratulations. Now how are you going to spend the day? DG
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

<<<<Herman chews nails>>>>> 45 mins to go ...... :shock:
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Good luck to all GSCE DC and their parents! :D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Good luck to all your dc's today, I'm feeling nervous on your behalf. It'll be our turn this time next year :shock: