Timing query for new Bucks CEM test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
neveragain!

Timing query for new Bucks CEM test

Post by neveragain! »

Does anyone know whether the CD which will be used for the timing/instructions in the Bucks test will give the children any indications of how much time is left within a section, for example if a section lasts 20 or 25 minutes, will they be told when they are halfway through, 5 minutes left, that kind of thing? If anyone can shed any light on this I would be very grateful.
Tinkus-Pinkus

Re: Timing query for new Bucks CEM test

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

I have been trying to find this out too. All I have been able to find is a post saying that schools all do different things, which does not seem like a level playing field to me. Those who warn the children they have a minute left give the children th
E opportunity to go through and mark off any multiple choice questions that they have missed. We live in county but my Dd is attending an out of county school so will prob be taking her test at one of the grammars, I assume they are more likely to stick to the rules whatever they are.
patricia

Re: Timing query for new Bucks CEM test

Post by patricia »

Tinkus-Pinkus wrote:I have been trying to find this out too. All I have been able to find is a post saying that schools all do different things, which does not seem like a level playing field to me. Those who warn the children they have a minute left give the children th
E opportunity to go through and mark off any multiple choice questions that they have missed. We live in county but my Dd is attending an out of county school so will prob be taking her test at one of the grammars, I assume they are more likely to stick to the rules whatever they are.
I think the posts you have found are for the old test.

The new test is administered by a CD. No interaction with a human once the test has started.

Patricia
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now