Revision once back to school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Araucana girl

Revision once back to school

Post by Araucana girl »

So CEM is on 14th and CSSE is on 21st, my dd goes back to school on 3rd. We still have so many things we make mistakes on but I don't want to burn her out so wondering what everyone else's plan is for revision once back at school - especially those with dds doing both CEM and CSSE.

What are your plans? I really want to slow it down a bit now but am terrified?
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
MacPac

Re: Revision once back to school

Post by MacPac »

I've been wondering the same. The last thing I want is for my son to be worn out by the time the dreaded day arrives. I'd much rather he didn't go to back to school and just work at home in the lead up! Luckily, he goes to a prep school so I'm hoping they'll be doing lots towards the exam at school.

I plan to get lots done in the next week. He's also asked to do more work, I was not expecting that! Once he's back at school I'm only going to get him to do his school homework and a mock test every Saturday.

I've come to the conclusion that if he isn't ready by now he never will be! I cannot wait for this to be over. I've got another son that I then need to prep for 2015 entry. I'm considering getting him a tutor though because I've found the last few weeks tough and I'm not sure I can do it again without needing medication!
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

MacPac wrote: I've come to the conclusion that if he isn't ready by now he never will be! I cannot wait for this to be over. I've got another son that I then need to prep for 2015 entry. I'm considering getting him a tutor though because I've found the last few weeks tough and I'm not sure I can do it again without needing medication!
:D :D Whereas I had a tutor for dd and came to the conclusion that he wasn't preparing her for the current exam standard and that I could get more out of just tutoring her myself. Grass is always greener I suppose whichever way you look at it..... still not certain it was the right thing but she was getting fed up with going to him so it seemed the best bet :D

Albert Einstein
MacPac

Post by MacPac »

I'm control freak so doubt I'd be able to let a tutor take over!! I just like the thought of handing over the responsibility. This final stretch is dragging and I'm not sleeping because of the worry. The baby days were a breeze compared to this. :lol:
talea51

Post by talea51 »

I had intended that we would just be coasting along now doing the bond 10 min tests every day and that it would all be fine. Instead I am panicking and can't even contemplate the idea of taking my foot of the gas at the moment. I can't believe it's so close and we are so unprepared. I feel a bit like a headless chicken at the moment. Having a hard time keeping track of what still needs doing.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

I am still trying to do a bit everyday, something must help, but have decided not to do too much after school each night once they are back. I will have to choose wisely - I just want her rested, last week's stress levels have shown me what a disaster stress can cause :roll:

Albert Einstein
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now