Venue and start time details letter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Brum Mum

Venue and start time details letter

Post by Brum Mum »

Hi - has anyone had one yet? The website says that they will be sent out two weeks prior to the test - which obviously is tomorrow...

Thanks
JamesDean

Re: Venue and start time details letter

Post by JamesDean »

In the confirmation letter we received, it said they would be posted on the 23rd Aug - ie today!!!
Will have to see what arrives in the post tomorrow - I can practically see Saltisford from here but who knows with the post ...

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

They've just emailed me back to say that the letters are being sent out today.

I know what you mean about the post though. :roll:
um

Post by um »

We haven't received ours... did anyone get a letter today?
malvern

Post by malvern »

Yes, received ours yesterday - it had the same (I think) example papers as that one the WCC website for last year.

We did ask to take to test at KES but have been given Alcester (no problem there Alcester will be just fine) does this indicate a high level of entrants this year that they have to find space for your DC to sit the test?
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

We've got Henley. Last year, children from our primary sat the test at our local comp - not sure what that says about numbers???

JD
um

Post by um »

Hmm, I can only hope that our letter arrives on Tuesday. Our postal service is terrible and post regularly goes missing :( I'd much prefer email :cry:

My ds2 sat the exam at Alcester a few years ago (we live in Birmingham) so I was assuming that dd would do the same.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

malvern wrote:We did ask to take to test at KES but have been given Alcester (no problem there Alcester will be just fine) does this indicate a high level of entrants this year that they have to find space for your DC to sit the test?
Assuming your username is a clue to your location they may well have given you Alcester as that's the one most Worcestershire applicants will usually be applying for.
koala

Post by koala »

When my DC took South Warks exam in 2010 (we live in Worcs) our venue was Studley High School. This is most probably the closest Warks School to us in Worcs. The exam hall was laid out in rows made up of children from the same school. There were about 13-15 children in each row and all the children from my DC school were in the same row. Similarly, my friend's DS took the exam at Henley High School (his closest school). All children from his school were also there. Perhaps those from Birmingham, possibly being the only ones from their respective school, are placed where there are odd seats available. Just a thought.

Don't believe it is anything to do with the school being applied for. Perhaps Warks do try and accommodate the children at the closest school where possible.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

KES would be our closest school, but I guess all the children from Stratford would be going there. Henley is probably next closest S Warks secondary. Am thinking that maybe there are less candidates from C Warks this year, hence going to Henley instead of locally. Having said that, there are at least 8 from our school singed up for the test ...

JD
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now