Paper D Section 4 Question 9
Rainbow Petals

Re: Need Answer Explanation for Letts Non Verbal

Post by Rainbow Petals »

kavitag wrote:Paper C Section 5 Question 6
Paper D Section 3 Question 1
Paper D Section 3 Question 12
Paper D Section 4 Question 9
I'll try my best to explain the answers to these questions as clearly as possible. :)

*Test C - S5, Q6: A is the odd one out because it is the only shape that has a shaded square.
*Test D - S3, Q1: Moving from left to right, a line is added in a clockwise direction in each box to eventually form a triangle in the third box. As you can see in the 5th box there is only one line, so instead of adding lines after the third box, we are now removing lines. Therefore moving from the 3rd to the 4th box a line will be removed and since we are still going in a clockwise direction, it is the bottom part of the triangle that is removed. The answer is therefore C.
*Test D - S3, Q12: Moving from left to right, an arrow is added in a clockwise direction in each box. Therefore the 2nd box could be A or C. Now looking at the middle shapes from the 3rd to the 5th box, they are rotating 45 degrees anti-clockwise. Therefore moving from the 1st to the 2nd box, the middle shapes will look like C.
*Test D - S4, Q9: B is the odd one out because it is the only clock half past an hour. All the other clocks are on the hour.
kavitag

Post by kavitag »

Thanks a lot Rainbow petals.
I got all answers except Section3 Question 12,
If arrow is adding from left to right clockwise thn that way option D is also possible.

Thanks for ur time and effort.
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

kavitag wrote:Thanks a lot Rainbow petals.
I got all answers except Section3 Question 12,
If arrow is adding from left to right clockwise thn that way option D is also possible.

Thanks for ur time and effort.
Hi :)

You're welcome, no worries. If you look at the smaller arrows in boxes 4 and 5 it is clearer to spot the order in which the arrows are added, therefore we must follow the same rule for box 1 to 2. We started with an arrow on the left-handside of box 1, then the next arrow is at the top, so in box 2 the next arrow must be on the right-handside. Does this make sense? :)
kavitag

Post by kavitag »

exactly, if we add the arrow to right hand side then the answer will be d, caz in answer C the arrow is added down. :-(
I hope i m not troubling u.
Rainbow Petals

Post by Rainbow Petals »

kavitag wrote:exactly, if we add the arrow to right hand side then the answer will be d, caz in answer C the arrow is added down. :-(
I hope i m not troubling u.
Don't worry, it's kind of difficult to explain NVR online where you can't illustrate answers. If we add the arrow to the right handside the answer will be C, we want the arrow to point downwards. I will PM you in a moment to show you what I mean.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now