Woking out the answers on the exam

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

best choice

Woking out the answers on the exam

Post by best choice »

Hi,
Please, can someone tell me if children are allowed to use plain paper on the exam to work out the answers. This is regarding Bexley tests. I told my daughter not to write anything on the answer sheets, only to mark answers as lines. As the tests are multiple choice, and marked by computer, then surely you can not do your working outs there.
Will there be any paper provided? :?:
Kent Mum

Post by Kent Mum »

As far as I know, no paper is provided for working out. I'm sure someone from the Bexley region can say if that's different there.
My son did all his working out on the question paper itself- which is what I told him to do in practise sessions, and which he found alot easier than separate paper, anyway. You can write pretty much anything on the question paper- it's not going to be marked! Obviously, the only marks made on the answer paper should be the bold lines through the answers.
Of course I'm out of my mind! It's dark and scary in there!!!!
bexley 2

Post by bexley 2 »

Hi Kent mum,
I phoned Bexley lea the other day to check on this. It was a definate yes to working out on a spare piece of paper and not on the question paper. My child is not happy with this as she crosses out all the obviously wrong ones as she goes; easier than having to write them out on a separate piece of paper. I really can't see what the problem is as the papers are not ever supposed to be looked at again anyway.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear All

There does seem to be a variation on this matter.

If they have to use a separate piece of paper, it could be that they re use the question booklets.

I agree its easier to use the booklet because you can easily get rid of inapproriate answers. Its creates extra work, writing elsewhere.

Here in Bucks, the 11 plus... children write ON the question booklet.. The Late Transfer Test [ also known as the 12/13 plus] they MUST write on a separate sheet.

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Here's a question - what happens if they write on the question paper despite being told not to?

Y