what to pack...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
OOCmum

what to pack...

Post by OOCmum »

What's everyone packing in the way of school bag and stationary.... we've gone for:

Bottle of water

Phone

Epipens (nut allergy)

Door key (let's hope he doesn't lose it! although we should beat him home...)

Ruler

Scientific calculator (well, are going to buy this from school)

Small note pad (he has a terrible memory, trying to encourage him to write stuff he needs to tell us down...)

Bus Pass

Pencil case (pens - blue, pencils, sharpener, rubber, spare ink for pen....that's about it)

Anything we've forgotten?
ToadMum

Re: what to pack...

Post by ToadMum »

Emergency cash?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

spare paper for making ink blots ?

ingredients for stink bomb ?

glue for teachers seat?

oooops sorry that was my bag at school :oops:

bag sounds fine - can be useful attaching the house key and the bus pass to the inside of the bag by a chain key ring

oh yes - usually need colouring crayons for geog and science
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

My ds needs a padlock for his locker?
Have just bought half of Smiths for him and then when I asked ds 1 if he needed anything, he showed me his bag which has 1 broken biro rolling around. He also thinks he can stuff his entire pe kit into a bag the size of an envelope :roll:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

scarlett wrote:My ds needs a padlock for his locker?
yes usually the case - get one with a key as the combination will get forgotten - then keep the spare key at home...

He also thinks he can stuff his entire pe kit into a bag the size of an envelope :roll:
they certainly do try this - usually with the packed lunch at the bottom :?
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

A maths set (compass, protractor etc)? DS needs one for his school.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

We have no need of Epipens, thankfully, but I would probably have this and the money, bus pass and the like in the zipped blazer pocket rather than in the bag. Assuming that they have blazers, that is...
Last edited by ToadMum on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Billie

Post by Billie »

not sure which school you are, but my experience with dc sec schools is one set of 2 epipens has to be with child another set of 2 in office.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

A snack.

A list of important phone numbers (for when they need to phone but their phone is dead), someone on here suggested sticking it inside the phone battery compartment..

I've printed and laminated a street map for my DD.

Her school have stated they don't need to bring their PE kit or science overall on the first day, but they will be getting a free lunch, (they get fingerprinted for the biometric system on the first day) and their photo taken, so a hairbrush required in our case. For the first time the school are providing padlocks which they have for the entire time at school, and they will not be allowed to use any others. I guess they then keep a spare key in the office.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

One of those emergency battery phone-recharger thingies for the mornings they tell you at five minutes to bus time that they forgot to charge their phone the night before?

You may need a bigger bag at this rate...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now