GL Assessment Standard Format NVR papers - am I alone ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ironman12

GL Assessment Standard Format NVR papers - am I alone ?

Post by Ironman12 »

Hello,

I have just started my daughter on these papers and her scores have gone down from 90% plus on all other practise papers ( bond and letts books and other papers) to 83 -88%. I'm now stressing as I don't know what more to do. We are both getting frustrated.

Can someone please confirm if these commercial papers are harder than the real exam.

Thank you !!
Tinkers

Re: GL Assessment Standard Format NVR papers - am I alone ?

Post by Tinkers »

Iirc, the first GL NVR paper is not an easy one. There's even a sticky in NVR devoted to it.
My DD tended to score slightly lower on bond than GL in general. I think they are slightly different rather than one set being more difficult than the other, if your DD has got used to Bond, then the subtle difference might account for it.

DD didn't seem to think the real thing was more difficult than the practise papers, in fact if her score was anything to go by she found it easier. (This was for Kendrick btw, I don't know if you are talking about Kendrick or Slough GSs)
Ironman12

Re: GL Assessment Standard Format NVR papers - am I alone ?

Post by Ironman12 »

Hello Tinkers

She'll be sitting both, Kendricks and Slough.

I think your correct. The NVR is slightly different and my wife and I need to get her used to this type.

Thank you ..
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now