2014 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Araucana girl

2014 Entry

Post by Araucana girl »

How are we all doing? I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now (as long as no one switches it off :D ). Starting to get into the frame of mind of what will be will be and it happens for a reason, whatever happens :wink: Dd is still not getting fantastic marks in papers, I don't know what the real thing is going to be like for CCHS we can only pray that on the day she has a paper that suits her and pulls it off. If not she isn't their type :)

Just over two weeks until CEM and three weeks until CSSE :shock: Where has all the time gone? Our dds/dss have worked so so hard and we are nearly there. I think the virtual champagne should be out soon, just to celebrate us all coming out of the other side of this no matter what the results - we have all, dps included, worked so hard for this.
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
talea51

Re: 2014 Entry

Post by talea51 »

Getting more and more stressed! Yesterday dd did no work at all because she had a migraine and spent most of the afternoon in bed asleep. I know she can't help it but it hasn't helped my stress levels any.

My dd has worked very hard for this with very little complaining and whatever happens on the day, she and I both know that she has done her best and after that it will be out of our hands. At least that's what I tell myself when I wake up at 2am in a cold sweat!

Bring on the champers! :D
bravado

Post by bravado »

talea51 wrote:Getting more and more stressed! Yesterday dd did no work at all because she had a migraine and spent most of the afternoon in bed asleep. I know she can't help it but it hasn't helped my stress levels any.

My dd has worked very hard for this with very little complaining and whatever happens on the day, she and I both know that she has done her best and after that it will be out of our hands. At least that's what I tell myself when I wake up at 2am in a cold sweat!

Bring on the champers! :D
Bless her heart - migraines are awful and I only narrowly averted a full-blown "biggie" today but still have a bad headache and nausea :( She has my sympathy, as do you. Mine is down to insomnia at the moment and dehydration, with stress added in for good measure. We all have to be very mindful of our hydration and stress levels at this point in time.

Nothing is forever, it will pass and each and every DC and DP deserves a medal. These last few weeks a are dreadful. Don't forget that we're all here for each other and no-one minds if you guys come on here every five minutes with your worries and fears. :D

I know that for my part, if I can help, then I will :D
talea51

Post by talea51 »

I know that for my part, if I can help, then I will
Thank you very much bravado. Your help thus far has been invaluable and much appreciated. If only you could somehow give us more time before the exams! I am absolutely convinced that dd has not been well enough prepared and really wishing that we had more time.

I wish I could keep her at home for the next two weeks and do only 11+ work but I am sure that would actually be counter-productive and wouldn't do her, or me, any good but I am feeling desperate now.

2 weeks until CEM and I just don't think that she is ready.

I want to cry, I really do.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

talea51 wrote:
I know that for my part, if I can help, then I will
Thank you very much bravado. Your help thus far has been invaluable and much appreciated. If only you could somehow give us more time before the exams! I am absolutely convinced that dd has not been well enough prepared and really wishing that we had more time.

I wish I could keep her at home for the next two weeks and do only 11+ work but I am sure that would actually be counter-productive and wouldn't do her, or me, any good but I am feeling desperate now.

2 weeks until CEM and I just don't think that she is ready.

I want to cry, I really do.
If it is any consolation I feel exactly the same way. There is so much I think we should have covered and dd is still not strong enough in; to top it all her hormones are kicking in in a big way, puberty is really rearing its head and I feel so sorry for her. Part of me is glad it is now only two weeks away, I am tired of it and dd is really ready to stop. I just keep telling her that it is only a few more weeks. I don't think you can ever be completely prepared, or think you are, for these exams. My only hope is that as it is the first year for the CEM that will work in our favour a bit :? well one can dream anyway. Dd is great at maths but VR, CEM style, is definately our weak point , and the majority of the paper :( .

We are nearly there, keep smiling :D

Albert Einstein
cetaylormade

Post by cetaylormade »

[quote="Araucana girl
to top it all her hormones are kicking in in a big way, puberty is really rearing its head and I feel so sorry for her. [/quote]

Araucana I have one hormonal girl here as well and it's one big struggle at the moment to get her todo anything as a result. :( We have just spent 5 days camping without any work which has been tough for me not to completely panic but I'm hoping that the break and change of scenery will have helped my dd and we can do one last push :?

She also suffers migraines and has had them more frequently (thinking it could be triggered by the hormones) but now I'm panicking about the what if she has one on either of the test days!

Very much looking forward to the end of Sept and the end of all this stress. Think I may even go out and celebrate regardless of the outcome :lol:
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

cetaylormade, I think the camping trip will have done your dd good, mine definitely got better marks when I eased off a bit. Not brave enough to take a complete break but she has had whole days off here and there. We are doing a local farmers market tomorrow selling honey so that will give her something else to think about tomorrow and dh is looking after her and ds on Monday as inset day so no work will get done then either :(

2 weeks to go and I am counting down now :D Whatever happens happens :roll:

Albert Einstein
cetaylormade

Post by cetaylormade »

Well you are right - the break has seen a changed girl - back to how she was :D

She has just done an English paper in which she got 70% (she has been getting 50!) and her VR was back up to 95% and she had time left over on both whereas before she was running out of time on the VR and only getting 70% - one happy mum today 8)

When I asked where has the change come from she said 'because I've had a break' - I'm now wondering whether to press ahead again for a while but then maybe do nothing in the week before the test? :?
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

cetaylormade wrote:Well you are right - the break has seen a changed girl - back to how she was :D

She has just done an English paper in which she got 70% (she has been getting 50!) and her VR was back up to 95% and she had time left over on both whereas before she was running out of time on the VR and only getting 70% - one happy mum today 8)

When I asked where has the change come from she said 'because I've had a break' - I'm now wondering whether to press ahead again for a while but then maybe do nothing in the week before the test? :?
Wow, I would love an English paper of 70% - are these past exam papers? I am feeling so happy if dd gets anything above 50% on the English at the moment :( We so need to go over comprehension skills this week as she just isn't going back to the text properly, also spellings are becoming an eye operer :roll:

My only consolation is that her maths is back where it should be :D

Don't mention VR - I am going to be a nervous wreck while she does that paper. She just does not work fast enough :?

Albert Einstein
TGIN

Post by TGIN »

Evening all - hope everyone's okay. After just being relieved that the end is almost in sight, I'm now desperately trying to exercise faith and ignore pangs of anxiety. Thankfully DS doesn't seem anxious in the slightest - just looking forward to cashing in on all those carrots I dangled!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now