Practice 11+ DHSG

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Hope

Practice 11+ DHSG

Post by Hope »

How did your daughters find the tests today?

My daughter didn't finish the Verbal Reasoning but said she had plenty of time for Maths - did yours have similar experience?

Post by Guest »

hi. My daughter also found more time left for maths but found them both difficult - I didn't go but my husband said there were a few girls upset. This experience is stressful for everyone isn't it?! And Devon forum often very quiet - well plenty of views to a post but few replies which is a shame....
hope

Post by hope »

Thanks for reply!! My daughter's friends seem to have had similar experience. Guess no one else wants to give anything away - it seems to be such a secret society!! Probably didn't help as I didn't put it in Devon area.

I too saw girls sobbing - think if mine was like that I'd have called it day - i personally could not put my child through it if they were that upset. If they couldn't cope with the pressure of a practice, what will they be like when it really matters. Still, maybe they were just testing the water.
fionagb

Post by fionagb »

At least they had a practice - we are putting my son forward for TBGS and they just have to hit the ground running. He has never been in exam conditions before so I am hoping his usual sang froid holds out.

Good luck with the real thing.

Fiona
hope

Post by hope »

Are you sure there is no practice? Lots of PTFAs run them as a fundraising event! The one our girls did cost £30. There was one run by the boys grammar PTA on the same day.
fionagb

Post by fionagb »

there has been no mention of it at the meetings and it is not on the website but I will ring the school to check. Thanks for the tip - seems like a good fundraising event!

Fiona