wallington results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hb

wallington results

Post by hb »

Just to let those awaiting Wallington results that they will be posted first class on 2nd October owing to a postal strike later in the week. There is a post on the school website.

Hazel
ITBarbie

OMG

Post by ITBarbie »

Oh My Goodness. My son sat it and I really don't want to look :shock: I am in on the 4th so will get the postman. I want to open it when no one is around as if he did not hit the grade I can cover my disappointment before he gets home :oops:

The test was so early this year I really don't know if he had enough time to practice.

Good luck everybody
x
eager mum

wallington grammar school reults

Post by eager mum »

Got the results today and my son passed with good marks. But number of students who passed is 454 for 120 seats. Bit worried
hb

wallington results

Post by hb »

Hoorah. My son also passed with flying colours. We have a "guaranteed" place thats means if we put it first on CAF we WILL be awarded place. I wouldn't worry too much about the number of passes as many of the boys were using it as a warm-up for Wilsons and Sutton Grammar. My son actually preferred Wallington, so we are happy. Just about to pick him up from school and break the news.

Hazel
JanStan

Post by JanStan »

Well done to your boys.

Got a pass here as well. I've never been so nervous!!

My son got a "guaranteed" place as well, so I assume it means he came in the top 120

I know of a few people who were using it as a practice for Wilsons..
ITBarbie

Gutted

Post by ITBarbie »

HI

Well I got it and I am gutted. He got a score of 269 (aim 326+). I am so disappointed (not with him). I just feel really deflated. I did not necessarily expect him to pass but 269!

Its a shame as we did it all right. We asked if he wanted to do it and did not push. Had him tutored practiced at home. He was working to wards a 5 at end of year 5 for English but was already a 5 for maths. Yesterday the teacher gave me his mock SAT results as 5 b for Maths and 4A for English writing which was the lowest out of all of them. I am now left wondering where to go from here. I'm in the Catchment for two schools in the area which one being just out of Special Measures and the other just about performing. Unless he just wrote his name on the paper he will not get much different for Wilson's.

He states he was not nervous so we can thrown that one out. He is in a really good primary and I have been told that he is very good at Maths but the sheet from Wallington said that he has 30 out of 100 for Maths. Are SATS an indicator as well as opinion?

Boo Hoo
Geoffrey

Post by Geoffrey »

ITBarbie

I know the feeling - you feel so bad for your children.

Don't assume he didn't have an off day just because he thought it went alright. Children are not the best judge of their own performance. Maybe the maths paper tested a lot of things he hadn't covered at school or at home. It's difficult to 'guess' maths. I distinctly remember being put in for a private school exam at 11 because I was 'good at Maths'. I did badly. I just wasn't prepared for the type of questions and probably went up blind alleys without realising it. This dented my confidence at the time but I went on to get 'A's thoughout school in Maths and science.

He'll do well with your support wherever he goes. A solution will come in time and in a year you might even feel it was for the best.

Geoffrey
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes IT Barbie - don't give up! Another day he might be OK - it does sound as if the Maths let him down - performance in Maths can be a matter of confidence so try to build this up.
ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie »

Guest55 wrote:Yes IT Barbie - don't give up! Another day he might be OK - it does sound as if the Maths let him down - performance in Maths can be a matter of confidence so try to build this up.
Hi Guest 55

You are right but alas I think not. He got 261 is the Sutton Mock and now 269 for Wallington. He does want togo for Wilson's and of course that is his decision and I will support him wholeheartedly. But again I said it does bring into questions how the school can say he is a 5b for Maths?????

Ah well keep going :D

Good luck to everybody else. I just heard another in the school passed and he is on the same ability table as my son. :D
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

NC levels do not match to 11+ - three level 5s is no guarantee of qualifying for GS - can you get the papers back to see hwere he went wrong?