Good luck for the next 11 days

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
studio1972

Good luck for the next 11 days

Post by studio1972 »

First mock paper tomorrow, I'm feeling quite nervous, but dd seems to be looking forward to it now. She did a past paper in school last week and scored 84%, which gave her a massive confidence boost, since then her scores on practice papers at home have shot up as well (96% on the last 2 papers). Still, I'll not sleep great until the 21st October when I know one way or another how it went.

Fortunately, she's much more relaxed about it than me!

Good luck everybody.
Bati

Re: Good luck for the next 11 days

Post by Bati »

Good luck to your dd :D
My dd sat the 11+ last year and started the girls wirral grammar last wednesday.
I found waiting for results the worst.
benville

Post by benville »

Yes good luck to all :) My son would be sitting for his test - we live in Chester and only done home tutoring. Already thinking if he passes , should we put WGSB as 1st preference or CGGS ?
Bati

Post by Bati »

Schools are not told which preference you put their school down as, they just get a list of children who have applied so I would just go with your favourite 1st.
If you dont qualify for your 1st but do your 2nd and you meet their criteria more than someone who put it 1st you will get offered the school before them.
Hope this nake sense and helps :)
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

benville wrote:Yes good luck to all :) My son would be sitting for his test - we live in Chester and only done home tutoring. Already thinking if he passes , should we put WGSB as 1st preference or CGGS ?
Good luck to everyone taking their tests soon
We are also from Chester. The information you have received is correct, the equal preference form will not alter your chances in either school, if you meet the criteria.
My son started Calday last week as that is the school he preferred , so we went with that. He has made a good start and is very happy, he says it just feels he right school for him.
The bus ( which he gets on at Morrisons) is reliable and he is enjoying making friends with other new starters on the journey
Debs
benville

Post by benville »

many thanks bati and debs for your replies - its really helpful :)
caldy bus service would be very convenient as bache is just walking distance from where we live. For WGSB we have to take him to to ellesmereport where he could catch the school bus.
debs2028

Post by debs2028 »

It's a hard decision they are both good schools . Wirral is smaller but transport links not so good from Chester. Calday runs quite a few buses from the Chester area. My son also also walks down to Bache .
The other possibility for wirral is the train from bache to either port sunlight or bebington , then walk to the school from there ( not to far)
Most people think I am mad sending son that distance to school, we will see you can only try your best
Debs
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now