Year 7 AGGS girls settling in.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Halemum

Year 7 AGGS girls settling in.

Post by Halemum »

Just wanted to pass comment on how well everyone seems to be settling in at AGGS. My DD has a few girls in her class who have come alone (no one else from their Primary joining) and have quickly made friends and joined friendship groups.

I've been hearing lots of positive comments, my DD is very happy and is also really looking forward to the trip in October.

I'm just so happy and proud! :D
Valmont

Re: Year 7 AGGS girls settling in.

Post by Valmont »

Yes, my DD is the same, absolutely loves it. She says the older girls (16+) are really helpful and friendly and the teaching staff strict but very supportive.

Once she got her exam results last October she coasted the rest of year 6 and I was worried she wouldn't buckle down but she seems to have taken to senior school like a duck to water. Its amazing how quickly she's grown up in just a couple of weeks.

She has made Me and Mrs Valmont very proud.
Halemum

Post by Halemum »

It would appear that after posting my comment the novelty has worn off as the homework has started coming in thick and fast. My DD isn't use to an hour and a half a night. Her primary supplied about an our and a half a week! It now feels like we're studying for the 11+ again. Strapping her to the desk and standing behind her with the whip. :roll:

I haven't the heart to tell her it's only going to get worse! :shock:
ashwini24

Post by ashwini24 »

My Daughter was experiencing the same this time last year. But don't worry, the girls will get used to it sooner than you realize it.

Specially the first term is quite busy, there will be assessments in next couple of weeks( No prep required for these) & then the November Exams. Spring Term will be much more relaxed. Of course, this is based on my daughter's experiences.

Homework will keep her busy this term, but that may be due to the transition from Primary to Secondary. Getting used to the new timetable, changing rooms for every lesson, having their own lockers , she will start enjoying all this. All girls feel this pressure & soon sail through :-)
topsyturvy

Post by topsyturvy »

Same here, my DD is loving the new form, and the new friends! Though no major homework received as yet, she has spent last full week doing the base tests in different subjects. Maybe homework is now to follow next week.

Have been told Monday is a holiday as school is closed due to entrance exam. 8)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now