Pre-test already!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
annie321

Pre-test already!

Post by annie321 »

Our DD is sitting a pre-test for the Halifax grammar schools on Saturday. Can't quite believe it has got to that time already. How's everyone else getting on?
panicmum

Re: Pre-test already!

Post by panicmum »

Hi annie321. Snap! We too are doing a Pre-test on Saturday. I can't believe how this time around it's come so quick.
annie321

Post by annie321 »

It feels quite early for a pre-test but it'll give us a good idea of how much there is still left to do. It's such a tough process and I'm feeling nervous for her already. My little girl!
annie321

Post by annie321 »

Well, I'm pleased to say she did very well in the VR (90 per cent) but found the maths very hard (55 per cent!!!!) so we're obviously going to have to focus on that. Apparently her score would have been just enough to get her in last year, so we can be positive but there's still lots to do. Hey ho!
annie321

Post by annie321 »

Less than 4 weeks to go. Any other Calderdale people out there wishing it was all over?!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

It is very quiet this year - I've got my fingers crossed for you. :)
annie321

Post by annie321 »

It is very quiet this year! We're going through this for the third time now, and it seems to get more stressful with each child. Roll on October 5th so we can all go back to normal.
panicmum

Post by panicmum »

Hi annie321,
I'll be relieved when this is all over; for the second time!! (DD2) Yes it has been really quiet on the forum this year. After this I have one more DC to go!!! I agree it is stressful!!!
ghee

Post by ghee »

Hi Annie, I agree, roll on the 5th!! This is also our second time doing this. DD padded 2 years ago, and DS is taking it this time. He is now looking for any excuse not to practice, I think the stress is taking over. It is tough on a 10 year old, I feel sorry for him, but I also know he wants to go to nhgs like his sister. Oh what fun! All the best to you and your DC 8)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now